• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eve - Cape african house snake

P.S. I love the pic in the hood or sleeve. Clyde always tries to climb up my sleeve. I can remember a month ago holding him and his racing up my sleeve as we waited in the exam room for the vet. I got him back out without taking off my shirt but I was afraid there for a moment. AWKWARD!

Hood... She also really likes to crawl through my hair, which always kind of freaks me out, because it tickles so much and I am way too ticklish for that.

That does sound awkward! My dog vet, no problem, I'd just whip off my shirt! LOL. My reptile vet... nope. Wouldn't happen. Hahahah

Thanks. I thought that picture was too cute not to share. :p

Wow she is pretty! I can't wait for my boy to get bigger. Right now he's a tiny noodle.

Thank you! They're so fun when they're a little bit bigger. When she was little I was always scared to lose her because she was so darn fast, and so darn tiny!

Thank you! They're so fun when they're a little bit bigger. When she was little I was always scared to lose her because she was so darn fast, and so darn tiny!

How long did it take for Eve to stop being so jumpy? I've never had to tame a snake before, so I'm not sure what to expect haha. Other than he's jumpy and fast.

How long did it take for Eve to stop being so jumpy? I've never had to tame a snake before, so I'm not sure what to expect haha. Other than he's jumpy and fast.

I'd say after a couple of weeks she started to slow down, and after about a month or so, I started to feel more confident with her. It really didn't take long but those first few weeks were a little stressful. I handled her over a catch box until I was sure I wouldn't lose her so that helped me stay more relaxed in the beginning.

Back