CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Reptile room project

Old 07-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
Reptile Lover 23
Cool Reptile room project

Hi all

This is going to be an on-going project for the next few months,

With my reptile collection getting bigger and now i have started breeding cornsnakes i have decided that im going to build an 8ftx20ftx8ft Reptile room in my back yard (others may call this a shed)

It is going to be insulated and have 240v along with a backup power supply (generator)

it is going to have an incubator room to one end. which will be temperature and humidity controlled.

i makeing my first purchase of the battens to make the frame for the reptile room next month which will cost £223.92

In the mean time im getting some breeze blocks and a door and door frame for the reptile room

then the month after i will be buying the shiplap cladding which will cost £239 for 220mtrs

If you like the idea please let me know, i will be taking photos along the way if i get any intrest

Old 07-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Amanda47
Sounds cool, I'll keep an eye out for the updates!

Old 07-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #3
DollysMom
Sounds awesome. Best wishes. When you get underway, pictures would be appreciated!

Old 07-30-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
Twolunger
I have built sheds in my backyard for my hobbies. You can save a lot of money by building them yourself. I built one 8X24X8 and another 8X16X8. You will love it when it's complete. I don't know if you will make enough money to pay for the building by selling reptiles, as I am happy selling enough hatchlings to pay my rodent bill. LOL.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I have built sheds in my backyard for my hobbies. You can save a lot of money by building them yourself. I built one 8X24X8 and another 8X16X8. You will love it when it's complete. I don't know if you will make enough money to pay for the building by selling reptiles, as I am happy selling enough hatchlings to pay my rodent bill. LOL.
I know what you mean, this will be my dream come true once its built, im not fussed on how long it takes i would rather take my time and get it right than rush it and not be happy with the end result im already packed full in my bedroom with reptiles, mum and dad have let me use part of the kitchen for my hatchlings for now, but once my "Reptile room" is built i will be able to get more snakes to breed im looking to breed snowcorns and morphs in the motley strip area e.g anery stripe and so on.

My main problem with selling the hatchlings is getting my rep up and getting my site known in the reptile community, im willing to put the effort in, im not looking to make a fortune im just wanting to breed corns, because of my love for reptiles, i hope it gose well only time will tell

Old 07-30-2017, 05:31 PM   #6
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Sounds awesome. Best wishes. When you get underway, pictures would be appreciated!
thank you i will put some up when the time comes

Old 08-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
Reptile Lover 23
well there has been some progress i didnt take any photos of the old shed except the pile on the floor
To the bottom right

I have put the posts into the ground and cement (yestarday)
Today i screwed all the beams to the posts and cut the posts flush with the top of the beams and painted with Red Ceder.
(i have missed a few bits but i will be doing 3 more coats tomorrow)

I have also painted and screwed the plywood floor (Both sides gotta do 2 coats tomorrow)

Sorry for picture quality and lack of images

Old 08-05-2017, 10:43 PM   #8
DollysMom
No, don't be sorry. Those are great. I'm very impressed by your progress!

Old 08-06-2017, 05:13 AM   #9
Reptile Lover 23
Thank you!

Old 08-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #10
Reptile Lover 23
Im going to be building an incubator room inside the reptile room but i need help finding a device than can control the humidiy and temp.

Any ideas people ??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google