CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Feeding Question

Old 11-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
Audi Calypso
Feeding Question

At the pet store the staff said that I should feed my corn snake 2 hoppers, not one adult mice. However, she didn't specify how ofter. I normally fed the snake once 1 week with the hopper, so my question is how often should I feed two hoppers?

Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
MerlinsPop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Calypso View Post
At the pet store the staff said that I should feed my corn snake 2 hoppers, not one adult mice. However, she didn't specify how ofter. I normally fed the snake once 1 week with the hopper, so my question is how often should I feed two hoppers?
Short answer is that it depends on your snake. How old is it? You can pick up a scale that reads in grams and use the Tried and True Munson Plan, which a lot of us here ascribe to. Do a quick search on that term, and you'll find it easy.

General rule of thumb is to feed your snake a mouse that's no more than 1.5x the girth of the widest part of your snake, and that it's better to feed one larger mouse than two smaller ones, even if the total weight is the same. But again, it depends on the snake. If it refuses to eat an adult (might be intimidated by the size) then by all means, feed hoppers. But keep trying to offer a small adult.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google