CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

How/Where to look for a corn that is lost in your house

Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
C.Stringer22
Exclamation How/Where to look for a corn that is lost in your house

ok so our new corn arrived last night and we fed him and everything and put him in his new viv well I was going around and checking on the snakes like I always do and I saw he was GONE so now Im freaking out bc we cant find him and I was hoping someone can give me some ideas on where he could be, not only that we have dogs always and we dont want the dogs to get to him before we do so please help me!!!!

Old 05-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
Airidies
Does he have any hides? I know some people have found their corns inside a hide they thought was solid...

I'd also look anywhere warm... water heater under the fridge or oven. I've heard to look high too. Around pictures on the wall, on shelves...ect. Look around on the site too, there are a bunch of threads about lost snakes and about setting traps for them... I'll look for some good ones and link them for you just in case!

Old 05-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
Airidies
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ghlight=escape
OkeeteeMom put up a thread linking to a lot of escapee threads. I really hope this helps you find your baby

Old 05-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
C.Stringer22
thanks and Im not really sure like I said we just got him but Im not giing up on looking for him either and Ill take a look at the link and see if it helps any thanks

Old 05-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
solo1979
I thought my amel girl was gone the second day I brought her home. It turns out, she had found a way to wedge herself up in a little space between the screen and plastic lid. I've noticed that everytime I move my guys into a new setup, they make it their mission to search for an escape route, followed by finding the craziest little hiding spot. Are you totally sure that he's out of the cage? Was the lid secure?

Old 05-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
C.Stringer22
yes he is totally gone I have all my snakes in containers stacked up until I get me a good snake rack and I dont think it was secure like it should have been bc when I went to open the lid just one side was clicked into place... but I do have an update I found some of his droppings next to my book case and its a big book case so I have to wait until my husband gets home to help me move it to check to see if he is behind it

Old 05-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
C.Stringer22
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! WE FOUND THE SNAKE YAY!!!! HE IS FINE AND A LITTLE MAD BUT FINE AND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE HELP

Old 05-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #8
BigByrd47119
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Stringer22 View Post
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! WE FOUND THE SNAKE YAY!!!! HE IS FINE AND A LITTLE MAD BUT FINE AND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE HELP
Glad you got him back! Man, you walk away from the computer for two days and you miss all kinds of excitement!

Is this the same one that was a non-feeder just a little while ago? Where did you find the little booger?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google