CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

big DIY...

Old 09-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #21
xreinx
yea, I think gray would work, besides, an overall gray with some green thrown in would be nice, and yes, its going to have plants, and hopefully someday there will be moss.
I havent desided weather or not its going to go, its driven me insane, sitting in my house, unfinished for a Year!

Its Huge, takes up space and I cant even put any snakes in it... that is what annoys me the most, none of my corns are going in it.

and you can afford to build something like this, total, the wood and braces (minus the foam) is only about 25 dollars, the fan I put in is only about 7 dollars. the wood I got from online someplace (cant remember now) was the most, besides the foam and glass. and the glass isnt even all that expensive, 38 for both sheets. 18 inches by 2 feet.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #22
persese101
oh wow ok then thought well looks like it would cost way more..That would have been so awesome if you couls put a corn or two in there, that would have been amazing.I see how it would take up room..I wonder if you could make it like it is but instead of a flat back do a v shape so it would fit into a corner that would be sweet!And a fogger installed wow talking about amazing lol

Old 09-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #23
xreinx
the thing that costs the most is the dang foam. 7 dollars a can, and I put about.. mmm .. 20 cans in there? its hard to work with and sticky as heck. so let me give you a hint, That white sheet foam, the poly something or other, and a Hot knife! it works, the 2 by 2 by 8 foot sheet costs... 12 dollars? I think.. I think in all total for me (Mastakes and all) it cost me around 500 to make. but you can Easily do it for around 200 or less. the glass, custom wood and Uth heaters cost the most out of evetything put togather.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #24
persese101
Thats cool , but you could totaly even go cheaper by choosing different wood, he foam and instead of glass acrylic , plex something like that.This thing has so much potential ....Gawd have you made it yet!!!lol

Old 09-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #25
xreinx
oh, the "wood" is 1/5 inch press plyboard, insted of wood, all three sheets togather were .. I believe.. 15 dollars, I used three, the third was cut in half to make the 6 feet of hight. heck it has 'wood" on the outside because I wanted it to Look nice after I was done, but you can even use paper for the back, what you really want is some support if you use the spray foam, but if you even want to go cheaper, why use wood at all?
Grouted with a thick layer, inside and out, polystyrene-foam is just as hard, if not harder then wood, it wont leak, and has to be lighter without wood behind it.
but Thankyou! Im going acrylic glass! that must be cheaper.
Lol not made yet, I just installed the shelf where im going to put the pump and filter, and put on the outside PVC tubing.
GROUTING ... today? maybe, lets see if I have to do anything else.. to it first.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #26
persese101
!

Yes def..galss would be difficult to work with and plus its way heavy!!People use acrylic in most of there diy projects I am sitting back thinking gawd i got to hurry up and do my mice and snake racks....then..then!!I am so going to do this project lol...My fiance is gonna be like umm YOU, want to build a waterfall/viv....lol I think it would be fun!!I was rereading the post and saw where you tried tubing..I was like ohhh gawd lol..Pvc def!!Def in the back..What would have been awesome is if you could have put the pipe behind all the foam!But hey its the first time right???Better ideas on the next one lol...So question are you going to install a small fogger in it?With the lights / stone look a little fog would give it thatr rain forest sort of look.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #27
xreinx
oh god.. ok, ill go out and look for a fogger.. thankgod I was payed friday.. question is though. where am I going to put it? up top makes it look better, but where will it get the water? from the pump? I dont even know how a fogger works. well Gadda go, be back in a few hours, And yes, I even work today, when everyone else is off.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #28
persese101
depending on how u have you fall set up..will your water fall to the bottom of the viv...if there is a small collection of water then m pretty sure it would ork.put it in the bottom behind some greenery or something..hold that thought ima search yahoo and read up on them..

Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #29
persese101
http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/fogger.phpummokhttp://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752534 ok maybe never mind there a little pricey....

Old 09-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #30
persese101
http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=32 a little cheaper here

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google