• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

40 gallon breeder rack

jnk22

so for the past year my cornsnakes tank has taken up the entire top of my dresser (I decided I would like my dresser back LOL!) so after 17 dollars in supplies and a couple of hours of time and this is what I have so far
DSCF1638.jpg

DSCF1637.jpg

which will house this on the bottom level (hmm...wonder what to do with the top?!:))
DSCF1639.jpg

and that houses my favorite snake my 3 and a half foot corn snake
DSCF1640.jpg

DSCF1643.jpg

the whole reason behind this build is because you can't buy a stand for two 40 breeders for under 95$ and if you find one it's not tall enough to get into the bottom tank. This is still a work in progress I need to paint it and trim some off of the legs but what do you think so far, any suggestions

it's a stand it will hold two 40 gallon breeders with the sliding screen tops the bottom is for the corn snakes cage the top will be for a ball python

o ok, I was just curios. So far its looking good. Cant wait to see it with the tanks sitting in there. Im sure it will be nice to have your Dresser back :D Thats part of the reasen Im building my set up.

1. So I can get more snakes haha.
2. To make more room on my Computer desk, but mostly for more snakes haha.

yeah don't tell my wife but thats the main reason behind building this I lost a baby ball a month ago, and would like another one, the stand may not be pretty but it will definately be functional I guess it will look better painted with the tanks in it

O im sorry to hear you lost the ball :(

Im sure after its painted it will look alot better. Doesnt look to bad atm really, I have seen much worse haha.

got the paint today trimmed the legs down at the top and made a brace to hold the light for the top tank so the goal is to have it done and snake tank on it by sunday wish me luck LOL!

So today I got the front legs trimmed down installed a bar to hang the light from and the first coat of paint is on so it's a little ugly right now but when the first coat drys (24 hours) the second will go on and it will look much better, don't mind the mess it's in my basement (storage area)
DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1648.jpg

The first coat always looks "iffy" haha im sure after another coat or two it will look good.

BTW your dog in the back ground from the back looks like he could be my dogs brother LOL

006-10.jpg

008-8.jpg

004-6.jpg

008-8.jpg

Sorry for the messy room, I just got done hauling in firewood and had saw dust trailing all over the floor and hadnt vacuumed yet when I took those pictures this morning.

lol that's my wife's brindle boxer Tyson he was supposed to have been mine but he ended up hers, but that's ok cause her lab shepard mix became mine LOL! funny how that works out
048.jpg

second coat went on this morning, It looks much better but I am quickly starting to dislike oil paint and cold weather, takes for ever to dry that is going to put me back a day or two, but you can't beat the look of nice oil paint compared to latex, it should hold up much longer.

o ya it can be a pain to wait on for drying lol. Im sure it will look good though.

After seeing your dogs face definitly not exactly the same haha, but his coloring sure is close.

exotic aquatics it's the only pet store here I'm in there every couple of days buying frozen mice or crickets

Yep that would be the one. He has a really nice store. My daughter wanted one of the chocolate skunks he had at the time. He also had an octopus that I thought was really cool.

he always seems to find some cool things have you seen his new snake enclosure for his two huge burms?

Back