CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Why does she keep looking at me?

Old 03-15-2011, 03:13 AM   #11
rob&spence331
Mine will also sit and stare at me sometimes, but, usually fo just a minute or two then he'll go back to whatever he was doing. Unless, he wants out. Then, he'll watch me for a couple mins then he'll climb up to the top of his tank and make as much noise as he possibly can with the screen and if I ignore that for an hour or so, he will continue is temper tantrum by tapping on the glass or jumping off of his logs or the vines, anything to create a big enough rukus in his cage that I will get tired of listening to him and cave in and drop everything I'm doing to play with him and if he hasn't had enough play time when I put him back, he lets me know about it! lol.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
RaLaser
Hahaha! The initial post is funny... it would creep me out a little, too.

I just got my corn a little over a month ago, and he's always hiding in the mossy cave. Recently when I come over to the tank he pokes his head out and stares. I hope he socializes up a little more, but either way I love him.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #13
bksbuddha
They definately all have different personalities. Slither has always pretty much been one of the Inviso-snake mentioned. She does come out, but not very often & usually really late at night. If I go & talk to her, she frequently will poke her head up out of the substrate or hidey, but won't do it for anyone else.
Squiggle is ALWAYS visable, except when she's blue. She gets really still & mopey for days. My mom insists that she knows who she is & comes out to see her. I insist that she's just looking for a mouse...she's my hungry girl. Every time after eating, she's always looking for another mouse... moving up & down excitedly staring at me. The other day while I was watching her in her tank, she was resting her head on her pool watching me. I have to admit that it was a bit creepy. Guess I didn't play w/her enough. It was hilarious the other day when she was staring at the Horned lizard while I spritzed him.
Sparkle is just a baby, but becoming more visable lately. Maybe she's settling in more to the chaos that we call home. I'm hoping that she'll continue to be visable in the future.
Spirit is the newest baby here, so he's not quite settled in just yet. He's only been visable a couple times (once because he was shedding), but I'm hoping that he'll settle in nicely soon as well. He's about 1 1/2 yrs. old so he shouldn't be suffering from "don't eat me" syndrome. He seems to have an outgoing personality when he's out of his tank. Now if he'd just figure out that he's not a Boa it'd be great!
I so love getting to know all of their personalities & love them for the individuality. They really are cool little buggers!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #14
SnakeAround
Sorry to have to dissappoint you a bit, but snakes have such rudimentary brains that they don't know what playing is. They can't feel like they are not played enough with. I do agree that not all snakes are the same, some of mine will usually come out and watch people in the snake room, some won't, some will sometimes. Many of my snakes will rest their heads on stuff while being out of their hide, chilling and watching the world from their 'windows'. I'm pretty sure they are not hoping that I'll take them out, though many will come out when I open their 'door'. They are just curious because something is moving, it might be food y'now

It is funny though to talk silly to them or play 'Animal crackers'.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #15
bksbuddha
I'm really not trying to start a conflict, but I do feel that more goes through their little brains than they're given credit for. The more animals are studied, the more we learn about them. There was a time, not that long ago, that "we" believed that dogs only saw the world in black & white. This has since been modified somewhat...they can't distinguish some colors from others, but they don't see the world the way that was originally thought. Who knows what more study on snakes may uncover in the future.
Slither is a well fed snake who really doesn't demonstrate the feeding response that Squiggle does. Yet, w/a full belly, she's been known to pop up merely at my approach only or the sound of my voice. I do feel relatively certain that she'd reject food if offered to her. I don't think she loves me, but I do believe that she recognizes me & feels comfortable w/me.
And I just have to ask...what is "Animal crackers"??? I just have to know.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:34 AM   #16
Dreamsnake
I think my snakes have come to recognize my presence and are curious enough about me to accept handling time with a minimum of complaint. I've noticed when I wear nail polish or a certain scent they act curiouser. I'd like to do an experiment on snake reaction to scent stimuli, but I only have my own three placid snakes. Until I get more or interact with stranger snakes my research has flatlined.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 AM   #17
bksbuddha
That'd be a cool experiment to do. I noticed that Slither absolutely refuses to go to my husband when he's drinking. I'm not very fond of beer smell either.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:29 AM   #18
SnakeAround
I agree that snakes can get used to persons that handle them often, and prefer to hang out with a known person above with a unknown person indeed.

Animal crackers is a show in which short video's with animals are showed. People do funny voice overs, like the animals are talking. The best are quite 'lip sync' to enhance the funny effect.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
anerybree
My snake is out when I wake up and when I go to sleep! She'll climb to the top of her tank and just sit there until I let her out. She is also fine with my mom, but once my mom starts talking she slithers away!! Silly snake.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #20
fallenfromgrace47
I have a little hatling that I haven't gotten the nerve to handle enough, who is always out crusing the cage. My other lover snake is always hiding and this is the first breeding season I've had him so I'm curious to see if he comes out move often than normal. He is such a sweet heart, never bites and only tail rattled at me when I first got him. He loves giving "kisses"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google