CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Why does she keep looking at me?

Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #21
Stormy
I have a very social snake. Unless she is in blue or just ate that day. If someone is in the room then Stinky Lady has to be out.
I have another that is occasionally a social snake but really really comes out and starts cruising around when I start making dinner. But only if I am cooking meat on the stove or grill. If I cook in the oven then he doesnt bother.
Then there is my ball python. Who would love nothing more than to sit with me at my desk while I work and watch. Infact when we had him in his hatchling tub I could take the lid off and he would poke his head out and just sit there watching me for hours, occasionally slithering over to me and up to my nose (he likes to touch noses for some reason) then back over to his tub again.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #22
Naagas
How do you know the snake is staring at you?
It is probably sleeping. They don't have eyelids, ya know.

This post made me laugh. Snakes can't do anything BUT stare. They can't close their eyes.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #23
Elly Fithian
Interesting. I thought that Cornelius was more active and sociable because he was a male. Emily just want to hide all the time, and if I take her out to play, such as letting her climb on the chandelier, she just falls asleep. He used to crawl up the chain. She does come out at night to look at the fire in the fireplace.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
Draekaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naagas View Post
How do you know the snake is staring at you?
It is probably sleeping. They don't have eyelids, ya know.

This post made me laugh. Snakes can't do anything BUT stare. They can't close their eyes.
When the snake is hiding all day with her head just visible, it's probably asleep. Been crawling around and just stopped for a bit with their head raised or poking out of a hole in a hide and pointed in your direction? I take that to actually be awake and looking at me.

-----------------------------------

on topic!

My snake does the staring thing too, I check in on her, she's curled up in a hide, look away for a few minutes and look back, and her head is out, staring at me o.o; if I try to stare back at her, she'll slowly recoil back into her hide and flick her tongue a bit... She generally wanders her tank every day after she's done digesting, and will quite often stop along the side of the tank or in the top half of her log and poke her head out an inch or two, and just stare o.o;

She's an incredibly calm creature too, has never even posed to strike at me, is fine with petting and will just sit on your hand... incredibly shy i think, but calm and curious once she gets comfy. doesn't move around a lot either when handled, strange for a baby

Old 05-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #25
Dee Dee
My 6month old butter corn watches me 2. In the evening usually around 7pm (earlier closer 2 wen she's due a feed) she will sit looking out thru the glass just watching me & my hubby ^^ My hubby says she needs 2 c her programmed on tv lol. I think it's super cute.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #26
Riyeko
Oh I believe mine gets mad when I put her back into the tank when im done playing with her or i have to cook dinner.
Shes so very social... in a medium sort of way.
She likes to be out, but then, sometimes she likes to be in.
Like early in the morning. Ive tried taking her out of there, and snakes cant make faces, but its just the vibes i get from here that are like "i just woke up and your taking me out!? No way put me back in."..

And she comes up to my face in the evening when ive got her out and touches my face while im talking to her.
I know snakes cant hear, but.. she either senses the vibrations of my voice or the change in air flow or heat or something, because when i do call her my pretty snake, she looks over at me and is like, "yes i am pretty thank you".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google