CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

2 year old non constricting corn snake! help!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Mjdbutter
2 year old non constricting corn snake! help!

i have a two year old male corn snake who has never ever constricted his food just strikes n swallows. not worried because he eats well however i just wondered if anyone has experienced these symptoms and if he will begin to constrict. many thanks mitch

Old 05-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjdbutter View Post
i have a two year old male corn snake who has never ever constricted his food just strikes n swallows. not worried because he eats well however i just wondered if anyone has experienced these symptoms and if he will begin to constrict. many thanks mitch
Mine have done this and I read that some other members snake do the same.
So I don't believe there is a problem. Are you feeding F/T?

Old 05-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Mjdbutter
yes i have always fed f/t i didnt think there was a problem with him just wondered if it was a common occurence or if i just had a really lazy corn lol
thanks mitch

Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
dan803
Very common. Some are just lazy and don't want to constrict something they know is already dead.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
Marica
Most of my corns do not constrict their meals, and those that do only constrict some of the time.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjdbutter View Post
It has to do with them being domesticated over the years. I have one that uses a fork and knife..

No, really

Old 05-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #7
bitsy
Perfectly normal for my crew. I only have a couple that give f/t mice the roly-poly-kill routine.

A snake is a cold-blooded animal and energy is precious. It mostly won't waste energy trying to "kill" something that is already dead.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #8
BigByrd47119
My five year old has done the death roll every time I have fed her.

On the other hand, and slightly off topic, my two year old milk snake has never thrown a coil. He grasps it like a gentlemen and then proceeds to eat his food without chewing !

Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
Karoni
One of mine strikes and constricts, one just strikes and one just opens her mouth and moves forward. But they all eat well.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #10
Nanci
Have you ever tried shaking the mouse around after he bites it? That will provoke a very enthusiastic coiling in nearly all of my snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google