CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Really worried about tonight's feeding. Weird things.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #21
Cassie16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
I'm sooo with u cassie. My corn is still young & so she's eating pinkys right now & everytime I take 1 out of the freezer 2 defrost I kinda look @ it's lil nose & lil tail & think 'aw! I'm so sorry lil pinky mouse'. I, like u, wud hav a real problem feeding live mice. It's probably partly because I actually had pet mice a few yrs back. I hav 2 tell myself th@ I eat meat & so does my snake so feeding her is no different than feeding myself. End of the day I want popcorn 2 b happy & healthy & vegetarianism is not an option so feeding her mice is just a fact of life. Oddly I find it fascinating 2 watch her eat tho :-/ lol. Yeah I'm a bit weird aren't I?! Lol :-p
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! Honestly, though, they're dying a lot painlessly than any of the meat I eat. CO2 is supposed to put you into a painless sleep by inhabiting all of your hemoglobin, but I have a professor who told me that it's horrible and they "pop around like popcorn" (I guess he used them for some research, and all research animals must be destroyed) I refuse to believe him, though, because he has a sadistic sense of humor and enjoys teasing me a little too much.

I've told myself I should get a pet mouse to make up for the fact that I'm indirectly causing their death, but my boyfriend has cut me off with pets. he says we can't have anything more than a dog, cat, and snake in our apartment. He won't even let me foster momma kitties for the SPCA

Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #22
Dee Dee
I would honestly say don't get pet mice. If i could see the 'before'- live little mice and the 'after'- frozen thawed dead feeding mice, in one place it would make things so much harder wen it came to pocorns feeding time. Not to mention mouse poop and pee really stinks!! If i didnt change my pet mice exactly on time and left it maybe an extra day i would get a sore throat (guess thats from the amonia in their wee) and the smell would over power the entire room and make me feel ill. They were cute but not a pet i'd have again. unless its was a matter of life or death. I, like you, am a sucker for an amimal in need :-P

Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #23
Cassie16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
I would honestly say don't get pet mice. If i could see the 'before'- live little mice and the 'after'- frozen thawed dead feeding mice, in one place it would make things so much harder wen it came to pocorns feeding time. Not to mention mouse poop and pee really stinks!! If i didnt change my pet mice exactly on time and left it maybe an extra day i would get a sore throat (guess thats from the amonia in their wee) and the smell would over power the entire room and make me feel ill. They were cute but not a pet i'd have again. unless its was a matter of life or death. I, like you, am a sucker for an amimal in need :-P
That's just what I needed to hear. I love all animals, but I also love a clean, nice smelling home. That's what I love about snakes, so far. It took me a while to get the hang of everything, but they're so much easier than most pets as far as caring for and cleanliness goes. Once you have a proper set up, it's pretty much cake from there. And I'm fortunate enough to not have any feeding/regurge problems at this point.

I volunteer with the SPCA, and that actually helps calm my need to save a bunch of animals. I can provide comfort, care, and love to animals while helping them get adopted, without ruining my home or making myself overwhelmed.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #24
Dee Dee
I think th@s lovely :-) Good on u.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google