CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Corn Escape Attempts

Old 05-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
unusualj
Exclamation Corn Escape Attempts

I have read the other posts, and I am not satisfied. My corn is being a creep. Climbed on the thermometer so much he tore it down. Won't bury himself in his wood chips like he used to. Climbs trying to use his water dish as a platform and falls easily 20+ times a day. Earlier I heard a crunchy sound. I look over and sure enough, he has himself hooked on the cross-piece that is built into the top of the tank. Normally this piece would be used as a support for a light for fish or whatever, but it has sharp plastic edges and has caused some of his scales to stick up on his belly. I am getting aggravated to the point of having bad dreams about it. We bathe him, spray him for moisture, feed him regularly, change his substrate, clean his water dish, hold him, cover his cage for darkness. But now he wont even take an interest in his food and spends countless hours pushing and rubbing. It was 2 months last time he wouldn't eat. The pet store owner tried to tell us he was a newborn, but when we bought him he was nearly 1.5ft and I am not stupid.

To help with his scales, we used a damp wash cloth and let him slither thru it a few times. Now he is right back to climbing and pushing on the glass and cover. I agree with a previous post, if his scales hurt and if the scratches from the sharp edges hurt, he would most likely stop. But his brain is the size of my mouse pointer. So chances are his common sense is pretty low. Any tips or help would be nice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google