CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Show off your vivarium

Old 05-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
WingedSweetheart
Show off your vivarium

I know there is already a thread about this somewhere. But for the life of me I can't find it! So, I'm making a new one.

I want to see your vivariums. Homemade or store bought. It doesn't matter. I want to see how you decorate it. Is your deco homemade or did you buy it? Did you use the stuff found in the reptile section of the pet shop or did you get more creative and use other things to make your vivariums look nice?

I'll start with one of mine that I like the most.

The branches hides and vines came from the pet shop. The flowers and leaves wrapped around the vines I got from the dollar store. I used rubber bands and some suction cups from the dollar store to suspend the vines in the air. My snake loves climbing on them.

The big green plastic tree in the back was for reptiles. It's not a fish one. There are no holes in it so no worries!

P.s.
If you know of a way to get those stick on thermometers off the glass I would love you forever! I tried to peel them off but the top plastic layer rips and leaves the paper on the glass.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
darth-hayzer
That is really nice !
To remove stuff of glass , try a razor blade . Be careful not to cut yourself !

Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
StarpphireEnigma
this is my temp tank for my tiny piece of spagetti- ill be moveing him to a 55 gal long when hes big enough and when its finished ( got the tank super cheap !)
i carved out the wood log, baked and waterproofed it, and he loves it!
the large blackish rock i created too- its got levels and the such in side- i find him in there the most

Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Dee Dee
"The big green plastic tree in the back was for reptiles. It's not a fish one. There are no holes in it so no worries!"- Where did you get this? It looks awesome! I need something like this for my baby. I was going to get some wood from the pet store for climbing but it's so darn expensive! I was given the tip of finding a nice tree branch (from a 'non toxic to reptiles' tree ie apple) & disinfecting that either using my vetaclean reptile friendly disinfectant or by baking it. Problem is finding a person with an apple tree who doesn't mind me cutting off a branch for my pet snake lol.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Dee Dee
Woah! I just noticed the skull! That is awesome!!! Ok I want a skull for my viv! Could you please tell me where you got the skull as well please? Lol.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
solo1979
I don't have any pics to add yet because my vivs are a work in progress. I've decided that nobody can move into their new housing until I've built enough for everyone. Just wanted to add that these look great and the dollar store, especially Dollar Tree, is your friend! Their fake plants are pretty nice and my snakes really love them!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
StarpphireEnigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
"The big green plastic tree in the back was for reptiles. It's not a fish one. There are no holes in it so no worries!"- Where did you get this? It looks awesome! I need something like this for my baby. I was going to get some wood from the pet store for climbing but it's so darn expensive! I was given the tip of finding a nice tree branch (from a 'non toxic to reptiles' tree ie apple) & disinfecting that either using my vetaclean reptile friendly disinfectant or by baking it. Problem is finding a person with an apple tree who doesn't mind me cutting off a branch for my pet snake lol.
do you have any trees in your yard/ friends etc? what are they called? youd be surprised how many different trees can be used safely- i live where there is jacaranda trees, and they are wonderful-and in my front yard!

if you want to make a tree, especialy custome, you can use foam/ greatstuff- carve it into a shape ( trunk) and then add branches ( fake or real, same dissinfection routine) and then create a mixture of titebond wood glue II, water and eco earth or sand or whatever you desire ( provided its safe for your pet) and do a couple coats over the make shift tree- it will be durrable, not too heavy, custom and waterproof ( easy to clean too!) be sure to sand down any pieces that may be sharp

Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Dee Dee
Next door have a cooking apple tree I think.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Christen
These are the tanks that are in my living and dining rooms. There is another but it is in the middle of a transformation but I will tell you my idea.

First tank is my 100 gal divided. Divider is not pretty right now but my husband hasn't gotten around to making a pretty one yet. All the plants were were from walmart. The hide was on discount from petsmart because it was damaged but no one can tell other than me. The hide on the other side I did buy from www.reptilesupplies.com . Each of the second hides are just boxes laying around the house but are hidden by the plants.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 3041
Size:  50.6 KB

This one is a 55 gal. The gray and white hide that Rudy is so happy to display for us, is a fish decoration that I found at goodwill. He loves that one and he is starting to get to big for it. The vines are from the dollar store. The branch is a branch off of my grape vine that I took out. Oh last but not least Rudy's water dish is a cat dish also from walmart.

Name:  003.JPG
Views: 3023
Size:  67.3 KB

And I found this coral fish decoration at goodwill as well. My husband is going to drill a hole in it so it can be used as a hide and I am doing a whole fishy theme in the tank. I am putting a platform type thing on the bottom of one of those no fishing signs that they have for a tank and I figured I would put it by the water dish.

Name:  006.JPG
Views: 3019
Size:  156.5 KB

Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #10
WingedSweetheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
I got the tree from Petsmart:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752670

The skull came from a Pet Land that went out of business last year. It was for a fish tank. I found a similar one that I got for my boyfriend's snake at Walmart. It looks exactly the same all except for a hole in the back of the skull.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google