CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Recommend a base?

Old 10-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #11
albertagirl
I thought about doing themes too, I might slowly work at it over time, but I also really like the natural look. I kinda wanna do a Lost theme. LOL. A polar bear, a crashed plane, a pirate ship, some palm trees. Totally ridiculous, but would make me laugh!

Old 10-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
Galataya16
That would be awesome!!! My fire's name is Hades. So I did Parthenon ruins and a skull. Want to either do a background of more ruins or the underworld. Spectra, my ghost, I did a jungle/Aztec ruins/Indiana Jones theme. Your idea is so creative. I think that would be awesome. My next I think I'll maybe try a walking dead theme. :-)

Old 10-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #13
albertagirl
Ya I really like your ruins. Where did you get that piece?

What morph goes well with a zombie theme? hmmmm.... ooh, a miami! Red and grey! LOL.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #14
Galataya16
The Parthenon ruins I got at Petco. Managed to find the killer online sale and they matched it in the store and I got it for 9 dollars. It's actually a fish tank decoration and it's also his favorite hide. Plus he's so stinking cute when he lays on top.

I totally haven't thought about a morph yet.... I was just planning out the viv lol! I think I might want to do classic Atlanta, first season city but I love the idea of the prison also. So many options with a theme. Maybe I'll run with it and do a theme for each season lol!! A box car would be an awesome hide. :-) I'll have to do some thinking on morphs. I have a list of morphs I want.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #15
TyeW
Wow those cages look great. I haven't seen the glass sides idea before.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #16
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galataya16 View Post
I have a list of morphs I want.
Me toooooo!!

Old 10-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #17
Galataya16
What's your list? :-)

Old 10-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #18
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeW View Post
Wow those cages look great. I haven't seen the glass sides idea before.
Technically they're acrylic. Which has it's pros and cons over glass. It's lighter, but I've read that it scratches easier too, so if I'm not careful it could end up not looking so good over time. Weight was an important consideration for me though, so I decided to try it.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #19
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galataya16 View Post
What's your list? :-)
Well, to be honest, it's constantly changing, and includes snakes I may not be able to find/afford for a long time. Right now it looks like this.

Snakes I think I can find/afford:
Blizzard or whiteout.
Topaz, golddust, or honey.
Sunkissed Lava.
Something pink, orchid or coral snow stripe.
Peppermint

Snakes I think I'll have to wait for:
Sundust
Amel orchid
Sunkissed amaretto
Ultramel candy cane or ultramel candy cane tessera
Palmetto
Cinder stripe or cinder tessera stripe

But with all that said, since I don't plan to start breeding, I have to keep in mind how many is reasonable for me to keep as pets. I want to know them as individuals, and house them all (unless I get a specimen that just hates it) in these vivs, which take up some space. So at some point I'll have to draw the line. Right now I'm thinking 8-12 is my max limit, and that includes the other snakes I want, which are all bigger than corns except the Rosy that I'm thinking about.
For next year I'm thinking I'll only get two more, and one will be the blizzard for sure.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #20
Galataya16
I really want a coral/salmon tessera with the colors of the JMG line. Been thinking about maybe starting a breeding project in a few years to maybe try and breed one for myself lol. Then I really want a coral from John at Colorado Corns. An anery tessera, and a reverse okeetee are on the list. I haven't decided if I will do any other breeding but have been thinking about it. It would be so fun. It's exciting to see on here. Think I might stick with those morphs for now and think of creative names to go with the walking dead theme.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google