CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Recommend a base?

Old 10-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #31
albertagirl
Thank you! If I could only have one morph ever, I think it would be a blizzard, which is why I am actually really suprised at myself that I didn't get one this year, and it's a must for next year. I wish there was also a truly black morph, or a truly black and white morph. My favorites are the really light and really dark morphs. The brightly colored ones I'm pretty "meh" about. But without any colorful snakes at all I would feel like I was not showing corns off to their best advantage as a species, so I got a fire to add excitement! LOL

I have to say, though, I am really loving my cinder. I wasn't overly sure about her when I got her, but man has she grown on me. She's my only dark colored snake, and I find myself really drawn to watching her. Too bad she hates being watched!! LOL

I also remember thinking one day "if only there was a white black and red morph, that would be the perfect snake" and then discovering ultramel candy canes a few days later! LOL

Old 10-25-2014, 10:53 PM   #32
Galataya16
I agree with you on the true black. I really like some of the high contrast anerys. I'm not a massive red fan, but I was really drawn to my fire. His photo was really pretty and it was my husband's favorite (who did NOT care for snakes before we got them) so I had to have him. The two we have won my husband over and he holds them now. He always refused to let me get a snake. Was one pet he didn't want in the house. We got the beardie and she kind of won him over on the reptile front and he didn't vehemently say no after talking about a snake. Then come our anniversary it was my present. My first was an amel, but that was because the stupid lady I thought was smart because she kept telling us about her snakes, said that he was a pink morph and he would get more pink as he aged. He was light enough that he didn't have the bright reds, he was more a pale orange. I didn't have him for long sadly. But amels will now hold a special spot for me. I do like some more then others. And I really love the reverse okeetees with the wide borders. Love the one on Kathy Loves book lol. Wish they had a reverse that was black and pink with white borders. That'd be amazing lol.

The candy canes are really pretty though. Like that pop of color. I really like the stripes too.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #33
albertagirl
I never used to be a stripe fan, but like having the diversity of different patterns with the different colors.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #34
Galataya16
It's another one of those things where colors totally depend. I like the high contrast stripes, unless it's pink of course lol. Like pinstripes and some unique patterns also.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:18 AM   #35
Zeina
You ladies are so sweet on here lol I was reading the comments and I also really love the colors black and pink together- I would LOVE to see that as an option!

Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #36
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
Thank you! If I could only have one morph ever, I think it would be a blizzard, which is why I am actually really suprised at myself that I didn't get one this year, and it's a must for next year. I wish there was also a truly black morph, or a truly black and white morph.
HA! I am getting a Blizzard from Kathy Love in a few weeks, I am working for her at the Phoenix Reptile Expo in exchange for a discounted Blizzard baby! I am so thrilled, I don't know which by more, the snake or getting to work with Kathy and Bill!

And I am getting an anery this week, he has really cool markings and looks like he is wearing Oakley sunglasses! And the guy lives in Mesa, so no shipping costs!

Meet Axl. (Yes, HUGE Guns N' Roses fan!)

Old 10-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #37
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeina View Post
You ladies are so sweet on here lol I was reading the comments and I also really love the colors black and pink together- I would LOVE to see that as an option!
Well, coral ghosts are pink and black-ish? Okay, more like grey-ish brown usually. I want a pink and white snake. I almost got an opal this year, but I read that the pinks usually fade out.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #38
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
HA! I am getting a Blizzard from Kathy Love in a few weeks, I am working for her at the Phoenix Reptile Expo in exchange for a discounted Blizzard baby! I am so thrilled, I don't know which by more, the snake or getting to work with Kathy and Bill!

And I am getting an anery this week, he has really cool markings and looks like he is wearing Oakley sunglasses! And the guy lives in Mesa, so no shipping costs!

Meet Axl. (Yes, HUGE Guns N' Roses fan!)
Ok someone has got to teach me how to get multiple quotes into a single reply!!

I woulda been pretty stoked about that too! I've thought about an anery for next year a few times, but I'm not convinced that it would be the darkest possible morph. I saw a picture of a cinder ... I think it was a tessera stripe... that was really dark. Anery's are so unpredictable, I wish I could just find a black milk snake already!! There are a lot of mexican black kings up here, but I don't feel like dealing with a snake who thinks I'm food all the time.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #39
Galataya16
Haha, thanks Zeina.

Yeah they are kinda that way, albertagirl, but idk lol. I haven't seen one yet that I really love. I was thinking true black, pink saddles, with the clean thick borders in white lol. Clean, bright lines. Picky, picky, I know lol. I've seen some pretty snow stripes that have nice pink stripes, peppermints can be kind of pinkish too. I'm still drawn to the bright pinks of the salmon/coral snows. I dont care for some of the green in them though .

I'm totally jealous smigon!! What an awesome experience that will be. Jeaouls we don't have shows around here that I can just go to.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #40
Galataya16
Steve Roylance has some really pretty black rats. Like them a lot and thinking maybe that's the way for me to go on the black front? I agree anerys are unpredictable but I think some of them are so pretty. I really like tesseras with high contrast.

I don't know how to quote on my phone at all lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google