CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New corn owner, first time snake owner with a few questions

Old 02-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #1
Desert Corn
New corn owner, first time snake owner with a few questions

I just bought a baby pewter corn on saturday and it has been feeding on tuesdays from what I was told. Should I still try feeding on tuesday since I just put it in a new enclosure and it will have only been 3 days since it was introduced to the enclosure.
Second, are the Zoo Med reptitemp thermostat or Exo Terra 100w thermostats any good? Or any other recomendations in that price range?

Old 02-10-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
Blizzcorn
We need PICTURES !!!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Old 02-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
Twolunger
You can try to feed it. Conventional wisdom is leave your snake alone to acclimate for at least a week. I'm unconventional and have even fed hatchlings on the same day FedEx delivered them. Some eat immediately in their little deli cup, and others eat in the same rotation as my other hatchlings. A lot depends upon the method you use to feed it. I usually feed new baby corns in a covered deli cup. If I feed in their container I use tongs and make sure they grab the pinkie.

As far as temp controls one is just about as good as the others, typically made in China. I have read good and bad reviews on both. I bought an InkBird temp controller ITC306T. It is used by plant nurseries a lot for seedling beds. So far it has been a good one. Since I don't trust electronic devices totally, I have a digital thermometer on each of my racks.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #4
Desert Corn
Thank you for the information. I have 2 thermometers one on the cool side and one on the warm side.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google