• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What are some cute things your corn does?

... I apologize for writing hears instead of heres. Must've been more tired than I thought >.>

*hands in his grammar nazi badge and gun*

Heart loves her moss/humid hide! I found her like this one day I thought she had died, but she was just sleeping lol!
026-3.jpg

When I frist put it in her tank, this is all I saw for a couple days:
001-21.jpg

My brother's snow apparently doesnt understand gravity, he wedges himself between the lip of the tank and the screen top(dont worry hes not hurt and he cant escape) and hell crawl across the top of his viv, so amusing.

There's not much that Hermes does that I don't find absolutely adorable, but here are a couple of my favorites...

He was just hanging out like this for a while, kicking back pondering life.

008.jpg

Getting eaten by his venus flytrap

VenusFlyTrap.jpg

His Loch Ness Monster impression

015.jpg

Two things that Freyja did that I though were pretty neat:

1. She LOVED to climb. She was one of those who would hang out at the top of her cage unless she had eaten recently. I added a bunch of fake vines and cleaned branches and it became a circus. She would weave in and out of them every evening. My boys and I would watch her do this often.

2. She would always poop when she was out of her Viv. I actually stuck with feeding her in a separate container because if I did not, she would poop on me a couple days later. As long as she was out of her Viv for 30 min to eat and poop, I didn't get any on me. I loved this because the feeding container was small enough to throw in the dishwasher!

Sadly, she escaped and was never found (Sister-in-law left the lid loose, she climbed out). But, I have a new boy Freddy who seems very different so far. Even for a little snake (about 4 months old) he doesn't hide much. He seems to prefer being stretched out across one of his hides more often than not.

I think it's somehow cute, that both of my snakes always want to eat so that they hold to your hand with their tails and not letting go, before they've eaten their pinkies.

426377_3420783365351_1443185598_33389852_1862520721_n.jpg

424883_3326793095653_1443185598_33359966_1965983077_n.jpg

And Apophis, ghost corn, she always yawns after she's eaten, that is soooo cute! :D First time she did it, I was certain that she is sick and having difficulties to breathe or something - yeah, sometimes I'm a bit hysterical about my pets, if they don't seem to be all ok. But nah, she is fine in all ways, and she does that yawning always when she'd eaten. And then she's looking for more to eat.. ;)

Bloodred corn, Nephthys, she's quite hideous if she's not really hungry, you don't see her much. Apophis then again, always when I enter the room, she pokes out her head and like asking: "so what are we up to today? Eating?". And she is so lively, always ready to come out and "play". :)

I feel so bad for my buddy right now. he went blue about 2 days before feeding day but i offered him food anyway and he took right to it. feeding day was 2 days ago and still no shed. that 4 days after blue and no shed. after handling him today i noticed he still hasn't pooped from the meal, which is normal for him but i would just hate to have old skin on me and be filled with poop too lol. i picked him up and he just wanted to curl up in a ball in my hand and go back to sleep. so i put him back and he decided to go straight into the warmest hide in his viv and go back to sleep lol. hopefully tomorrow i'll wake up to a full and complete shed and a nice big stinky poop and a happy snake haha

You guys all sound like your corns have an awesome relationship! I am saving my money to get one currently. I used to have a corn snake but that was a couple years ago. I loved that little guy! Can't wait to be able to share my stories with all you guys :)

Not something common but I found it funny. I've been away on a training course for the last week, and Snake was in blue not long before that so I hadn't had much contact apart from cleaning.

When I got back I went to check on Snake, opened the lid and the little bugger pretty much jumped half way out of the enclosure, just sat there still for a few minutes after seeing me and slowly backed away back into the enclosure :p

Then later when I was handling them, they coiled around my wrist pretty firmly and were just hanging off my arm for a minute or so, only seems to do that shortly after a shed.

Hethiss now watches me on my pc or watches my tv alot. I think its the repti hammock my friend gave me. Ever since I got it he has become this cute little tv addict snake

Okay I keep reading the cute things such as only feeding when the owner has the snake in their hand etc. Well that accidently happened just now when feeding. Forgot to take the mouse out of the feeding box before lowering snake in.

The snake went from above and grabbed the fuzzy, then pulled the thing up to my hand rather than going down the little git. Nearly had the snake eating out the palm of my hand quite literally.

whenever I let my snow corn slither through my hair, he sometimes crawls to the top of my head and stays still, like he's king of the world! :cheers:
He will not move for minutes beyond while in that position.

whenever I let my snow corn slither through my hair, he sometimes crawls to the top of my head and stays still, like he's king of the world! :cheers:
He will not move for minutes beyond while in that position.

It's probably staying still because its trying to take a dump. I get paranoid now whenever my snake stops moving for more than 30 seconds because that's generally what follows shortly after.

Freddy has decided to add something, not sure if I would call it "cute" but it is definitely interesting. Freddy weighs all of 13g right now. Consistently every 2 days, he knocks over his water bowl. Not, "gets in and it overflows." Knocks over his ceramic bowl. Not sure how he is pulling this off or why he wants me to have to clean that part of the viv ever 2 days, but it is interesting to see that a tiny snake can do this over and over.

Back