• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Near Death Experience!

I've just had my first ever snake bite! it was my own fault really because i put my hand in her viv after she'd ate a mouse lol.. its a lot less painful than i expected, but she only just scratched me!! have you all experienced bites before?! whats been your worst bite?

SnakeBite.jpg

It's bound to happen to anyone who owns snakes. lol My worst was with an adult who tagged my arm. Still not bad. I know there are some on here who've tangled with big snakes and lived to tell the tale. :)

I've been truly bit once, of course it was my fault completely for having my hand in there at the same time as my friend was trying to feed him! This bite was from my boa who isn't full grown yet thank goodness or that would have hurt a lot more. To me, it was more surprising than anything and bruised a little but didn't really hurt since the first words out of my mouth were "Where's the camera?"

Then I "sort-of" got bit by the Cali King I used to have, when he was just a little noodle of a thing. He was hanging out on my hand while I watched TV, I looked at him, and he was opening his mouth as if yawning but instead, out his jaws on my finger! He ever so lightly pressed down as if he was taste testing or something, then let go almost immediately. It was the cutest thing ever. I wish I had caught it on camera.

Are you glad to have your first official bite out of the way?

Attachments

• Bite-Blood.JPG
    Bite-Blood.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 108
My worst snake bite was from my Indigo when he was in full-on feeding mode and I stupidly reached in to pick up his hide. He tagged me and let go right away, but it smarted!

He's highly enthusiastic, and will also grab at paper towels if I use them to wipe the walls of his tub.

005-3.jpg

Haha! that paper towel muncher is gorgeous! I'm happy now that i know what sort of pain to expect from my corns, this might sound weird but i wish she'd really latched on so i would know what it feels like when she clamps down, as this was only a scratch really. is there any chance she may have lost teeth? i'm getting either Albino Ball Pythons or Hog Isle Boas next. I definitely don't want a bite off either of them!

My worst bite came from one of my Cali kings. I'm not talking about the time he tried to swallow my finger (thought that was bad). This one he got the side of my hand and bite with all his might. He threw coils around my wrist and started to squeeze has hard as he could. He wanted to kill me and eat me lol.

oh my god! how did he try to swallow your finger?! i think it would be hard to stop yourself from panicking when a snake coils round you whilst biting!

He got the tip of my pinkie and proceeded to swallow it. I guess he was hungry lol. He got down as far as he could go. I tried gently prying his jaws open. That didn't work. I tried running his head under cold water. That didn't work. So I ended up filling the sink full of water and holding him and my hand under it. He had to let go in order to surface and breath. But snakes can hold their breath for a long time. We had to play the waiting game.

Back around 1990 I got bit by a 13 foot Red-tail boa while trying to throw a rabbit into her cage...she saw it and decided she didn't want to wait and lunged out, missed the rabbit and got my hand!
Also got bit by an 11 ft. Indian Python not to many months later....but that snake had an attitude and it wasn't a feed response....

Yikes! You guys have some stories. Up until last week, I had only ever been bitten by a hatchling. Then, last week, Mango bit me. I'm not sure why. It was funny to feel his little teeth (he's a juvenile). I showed my husband my war wound, but he couldn't see the drop of blood because he didn't have his glasses on. I feel so traumatized. :D

Haha! i don't think i'll be tackling any Indian Pythons in my lifetime! Before this bite I'd only ever been bitten by a bearded dragon, which actually hurt more than the snake! I've just checked on her and she's tail rattling and huffing when i look in her hide...I think she's got a taste for blood now!! lol

Back