CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Questions on my new corn snake!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
Cornsnakenoob955
Questions on my new corn snake!

I purchased a corn snake yesterday, it's a little over a month old. I'm guessing I should try feeding it in like 2 or 3 days? He was snappy when I put him in the cage yesterday so I'm wondering if I should be afraid of him biting me? I don't think it'll hurt because it's little. Will you penetrate my skin? What would it feel like? And should I worry about any infections? Sorry, I'm just new to this snake environment.

Thank you!

Old 06-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Warsco
I would leave your new friend in his habitat for atleast a week before you try and feed him. in this time it allows you to ensure that his enviroment is correct for him and if not make it that way. It also allows the snake to become comfortable with his new home. he was probably just being nippy because he was overwhelmed by all the new smells,faces,noises,car ride, new setup, just like humans after a house move. give him time and he will come aroud As for bites, with a snake that young he probably would not get through the skin, I have only been bit twice and it was because my wife had been holding her nephews gerbil before she came home and it sent my snake into a frenzy, but i hardly felt it at all. as long as you properly clean like any other wound you will be fine. i really would worry about biting when he settles in. have fun with your new frind!

Old 06-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Shiari
Getting bit by a baby corn snake is like being attacked by angry velcro. It doesn't hurt at all, and it's more startling to realise how quickly they can move than anything else. Just wash your hands.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
Stefanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Getting bit by a baby corn snake is like being attacked by angry velcro.

That was awesome

/wipes tear from eye

Old 07-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
visceralrepulsion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Getting bit by a baby corn snake is like being attacked by angry velcro. It doesn't hurt at all, and it's more startling to realise how quickly they can move than anything else. Just wash your hands.
soooooo true. its humorous how tough they think they are at times. dont fret though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google