CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Near Death Experience!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
accidental_breeder
Near Death Experience!

I've just had my first ever snake bite! it was my own fault really because i put my hand in her viv after she'd ate a mouse lol.. its a lot less painful than i expected, but she only just scratched me!! have you all experienced bites before?! whats been your worst bite?

Old 06-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
dionythicus
It's bound to happen to anyone who owns snakes. lol My worst was with an adult who tagged my arm. Still not bad. I know there are some on here who've tangled with big snakes and lived to tell the tale.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Jenber
I've been truly bit once, of course it was my fault completely for having my hand in there at the same time as my friend was trying to feed him! This bite was from my boa who isn't full grown yet thank goodness or that would have hurt a lot more. To me, it was more surprising than anything and bruised a little but didn't really hurt since the first words out of my mouth were "Where's the camera?"

Then I "sort-of" got bit by the Cali King I used to have, when he was just a little noodle of a thing. He was hanging out on my hand while I watched TV, I looked at him, and he was opening his mouth as if yawning but instead, out his jaws on my finger! He ever so lightly pressed down as if he was taste testing or something, then let go almost immediately. It was the cutest thing ever. I wish I had caught it on camera.

Are you glad to have your first official bite out of the way?

Old 06-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
MysticExotics
This is probably the worst I have had so far. "Daray", (formerly "Patron") got me good the day I brought him home. He bluffed a couple times (acted like he was going to bite) then decided I needed to get bit for real. Haha
He got me on the finger, next to my fingernail.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ht=patron+bite

Old 06-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
ceduke
My worst snake bite was from my Indigo when he was in full-on feeding mode and I stupidly reached in to pick up his hide. He tagged me and let go right away, but it smarted!

He's highly enthusiastic, and will also grab at paper towels if I use them to wipe the walls of his tub.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:38 AM   #6
accidental_breeder
Haha! that paper towel muncher is gorgeous! I'm happy now that i know what sort of pain to expect from my corns, this might sound weird but i wish she'd really latched on so i would know what it feels like when she clamps down, as this was only a scratch really. is there any chance she may have lost teeth? i'm getting either Albino Ball Pythons or Hog Isle Boas next. I definitely don't want a bite off either of them!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
WingedSweetheart
My worst bite came from one of my Cali kings. I'm not talking about the time he tried to swallow my finger (thought that was bad). This one he got the side of my hand and bite with all his might. He threw coils around my wrist and started to squeeze has hard as he could. He wanted to kill me and eat me lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
accidental_breeder
oh my god! how did he try to swallow your finger?! i think it would be hard to stop yourself from panicking when a snake coils round you whilst biting!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
WingedSweetheart
He got the tip of my pinkie and proceeded to swallow it. I guess he was hungry lol. He got down as far as he could go. I tried gently prying his jaws open. That didn't work. I tried running his head under cold water. That didn't work. So I ended up filling the sink full of water and holding him and my hand under it. He had to let go in order to surface and breath. But snakes can hold their breath for a long time. We had to play the waiting game.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #10
BR289
Back around 1990 I got bit by a 13 foot Red-tail boa while trying to throw a rabbit into her cage...she saw it and decided she didn't want to wait and lunged out, missed the rabbit and got my hand!
Also got bit by an 11 ft. Indian Python not to many months later....but that snake had an attitude and it wasn't a feed response....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google