CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Fun and games, until the bear shows up....

Old 11-02-2018, 02:55 AM   #1
Rich Z
Fun and games, until the bear shows up....

Looks like we had a bit of local wildlife activity in the driveway last night with some raccoons playing around, then a bear walking in on the scene. The bear chased one of the raccoons up into a tree, so I guess they don't play well together. But after he was gone, the raccoons were back to looking for acorns in the driveway. At least that is what I am guessing they were doing there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAU9ZAGaS08

Old 11-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
Twolunger
I can't say Sue would be very happy to have a bear in the yard. They used to come and drink out of my pond in Michigan and it totally freaked her out. I had a small flying loft for 20 pigeons in the back yard and a bear clawed the door right off and it flew 10 feet away.
Luckily the pigeons all flew out and returned to their perches after the bear left. I left the claw marks on the loft to show visitors. LOL. BTW those flying worms at the beginning of the video were awesome.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:02 PM   #3
Zincubus
My son ( in Florida) has a beaut house at the side of a lake it came with all manner of bird life , lizards , snakes , turtles and alligators plus the occasional armadillo.... recently they're seeing bears !!!

Can't wait to go visit next April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 11-05-2018, 10:34 PM   #4
Rich Z
What part of Florida?

Old 11-06-2018, 08:07 AM   #5
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
What part of Florida?

Kissimmee...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 11-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #6
Rich Z
FWCC shows them as being occasionally spotted in that area, according to their range map. -> http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/ma...tribution-map/

But I would guess they can be found everywhere except in the most heavily human populated areas of the state.

I'm surprised that the bear I caught on camera didn't get into the bird feeders this time. And I am certainly glad it didn't get into the citrus we have ripening right now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google