CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Snakey's mansion build.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #51
rexracer
Thanks all! He seems to really like his new viv, and everything is working well. The "humidity intake duct" is working well, and even with the humidifier on it's lowest setting, it brings it up to 55% from 20% in about 20 minutes. I'm getting some condensation in the duct, but when I shut off the humidifier it keeps the humidity in the viv above 40% for 8 hours or more.
He really likes his shelf with the vines, and spent all day up there. He comes down in the evening.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #52
Jdog3131
It isgreat that Snakey likes it.
Snakey looks great.
And the viv is really nice.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #53
Outcast
I would like to see the blueprints for that Viv. It seems like a very fun project.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #54
Allalaskan
is the humidifier on a timer? it ifs almost 8 hours on the dot then if its not on a timer you could put it on one and then after you get it timed just right would never have to touch it.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #55
knox
Absolutely Wonderful!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #56
rexracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I would like to see the blueprints for that Viv. It seems like a very fun project.
Blueprints! You're funny.
Like a lot of my projects, I made a sketch on graph paper with some measurements, then winged it from there. The rear vent opening wasn't thought of until I had the plywood cut, and the shelf and dowels were thought of and added last minute, after I was already to put Snakey in. The duct for the humidity was also an afterthought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allalaskan View Post
is the humidifier on a timer? it ifs almost 8 hours on the dot then if its not on a timer you could put it on one and then after you get it timed just right would never have to touch it.
Thats a good idea. When I made the duct, I wasn't thinking about how close to the wall the opening would be. When I set the humidifier on the floor, thinking it would blow right up into the opening, I realized that I had to turn the humidifier around to face the wall, and the mist was mostly missing the opening. I used some blue tape to flare the opening and get the mist to go in, but now I'm thinking it may be too much. Even on it's lowest setting, the humidity goes up really quick, but more importantly, water condenses on the inside of the duct, and I can't let that get out of control since the viv is wood. I'm going to see what happens if I take the tape off and leave it on the lowest setting. Maybe it won't collect as much, or any condensation, and will allow me to run the humidifier constantly. I havent tried the wet towel in the duct yet, either. That may be enough except when he's shedding.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #57
Pazzoman
Lmfao I was gonna aask for blue prints...or at least the sale of the blue prints.....I would pay $30-$50......that looks epic!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #58
Allalaskan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzoman View Post
Lmfao I was gonna aask for blue prints...or at least the sale of the blue prints.....I would pay $30-$50......that looks epic!
Half the fun is creating your own Heck mine im using an old Entertainment center that Im converting, I still dont know how its going to be when its done haha, most of its done but still have to do the front door/doors. I like to do a basic drawing but when it comes to actually building it things can change quickly

Old 02-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #59
rexracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allalaskan View Post
Half the fun is creating your own Heck mine im using an old Entertainment center that Im converting, I still dont know how its going to be when its done haha, most of its done but still have to do the front door/doors. I like to do a basic drawing but when it comes to actually building it things can change quickly
I think we would get along great. That's how I always work, too.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #60
werner one
parabens isso ficou demais!!!!!
but I have a doubt, the smell is not imbued in the wood?
soon will have an equal to that in Brazil, in my house!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google