CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

unusual themes/ideas?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:41 AM   #51
forestwolfie
I've seen a few people posting wallpaper images for a background.. is there a site where you can order pictures put to the size and shape of the viv?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #52
yojoe05
My wife has about 14 different designs made up that we plan on building ranging from haunted house/horror movie set all the way to outer space and other crazy ideas. I'm really excited to get started on them.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #53
Shelby'sDad
I'm doing a Godzilla theme for Shelby's new tank complete with buildings/rubble and a toy Godzilla for her to climb on.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #54
LittleFrog
I'm in the process of designing a Jungle Book theme for Kaa's viv.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #55
forestwolfie
Wow guys! these sound so cool! Gotta have pictures when your done.. I don't know what to call it for a theme but I'm building a waterfall area and kinda jungle/foresty theme for my king.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #56
backafter30
I've been thinking on this topic for some time. I've about got my overall enclosure design figured out, but have yet to start building. I build with grout-covered styrofoam, and it looks pretty cool. Here are some decor themes I came up with:
Dinosaur fossils/bones sticking out of rock outcrop
Inside of a barn: bucket, ropes, straw, tack items
Gnome or Hobbit home under a hill or split tree trunk
Glow-in-the-dark fantasy forest, Avatar inspired
H.R. Giger inspired - think Alien - organic/mechanical mixed bizzare stuff
Huge rotted log with mushrooms, shelf fungi, ferns, and lots of hides
Garden setting, watering can, old shoe, hand tools, flower pots, seed labels
Haunted forest - twisted trees, rock outcrops, all dark and eerie
Native cliff dwelling - pottery, log ladders, kivas, heiroglyphs
Cave interior - stalactites, stalagmites, cave paintings, lots of side tunnels, could add lava or big crystals/gemstones
Mayan ruin - pyramid steps, broken carvings Mayan style, jungle vines
Tropical rain forest - ficus vines/roots engulfing old ruins, gnarled jungle
Desert - sandstone outcrops, cactus/succulent, cow skull, old whiskey bottle, spurs or horseshoe, broken wagon wheel.
Prairie - lots of grasses, prairie dog hole-hide, small medicine bottle or something settlers might have discarded.
Southern junk yard - car parts, license plates, weeds, old boards, chain-link
Swamp - buttressed roots, hanging Spanish moss, little cabin on stilts, implied water

Any way, I've been thinking a lot...

Old 06-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #57
dandie
A Hobbit theme would be amazing.
Maybe the maps of Middle Earth as a background? Or perhaps you could mix in some colored aspen with regular, and it could look like jewels. And, even though your snake isn't greedy, wicked worm, he could be Smaug and the cage would be like the Lonely Mountain.
I've gone too far.

I'm hoping to redo the trim of my cage with old tin ceiling tiles cut to size. And the edges will be softened in case any attempts to escape happen.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #58
SebastianSalazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth89 View Post
I did post this a while ago. I am in the process of building a dragon's hoard for him. However I am still looking for clever ways to keep improving it. for example: I still cannot find a princess! I need one for the tower.

I am open to suggestions if someone has any!

Beautiful, this is like the most perfect terrarium ive ever seen (it even has a snow corn )

Old 09-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #59
SebastianSalazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldrose View Post
When my beardy was little he lived in a castle, that was until he started to eat it... lol I need to re grout it thicker so he can't eat it or rebuild it.

I built a background for my Tokay's

I really need to make something for the Leo and snakes!

Hey, im sorry to ask but where did you got that beautiful wall background?, im doing a medival times for my future snake Rumplestiltskin and im looking for something like that

Old 10-06-2015, 09:53 PM   #60
SQUID67
These all sound like great ideas. You guys should post pictures when you get them put together! I'm still thinking about how I want to decorate my snake's cage. However going off of the outer space, maybe a moon landing, or mars landing scene with a lunar lander and astronauts stepping off. In the same vein as the medieval scene, maybe in this case the snake could be an alien.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google