CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Big adult & hatchling rack

Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #21
HazAnga
Reviving an older thread... I did some more work on this rack. I added the almost last of the heat tape. There's still one spot on the bottom half that needs a strip of 4" tape but i have to remember to get some at the next expo...
The very last thing i have to do is just wire it all up, but the top won't be needed until next year, so maybe it'll be something to do when I get bored this winter.
So here's a couple new pix.

And here's the back where all the wires are, yay

Old 10-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #22
Hillybean
Just wondering can someone post the dimensions, blue prints, plans etc. I know home depot cuts wood, and I would love to have something like this..

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #23
HazAnga
It all depends on what bins you use and their size, so unless your using the exact bins, the design I used would be useless to you.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #24
Hillybean
I believe I use the same or very similar bins for the hatchlings Either way, I am willing to buy whatever bins are needed, as that is no big deal.

Thank You!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #25
HazAnga
I got the bin's from Rona. The small bins are 6Qt bins 13.5"x8.25"x4.75"
The big bins I don't know as to I haven't been able to get the last 4 i need because they haven't had any in stock.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
Hillybean
Yep, I believe those are the exact same small bins!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #27
HazAnga
Then it's just the big bins.
The one's i have here are 22"x16"x5.5"

Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #28
Dracoluna
Here's a silly question. How heavy is the rack overall? I've been looking at building one out of melamine but it always seems so heavy.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #29
HazAnga
It'll be heavy no matter what you make it out of, the more bins it can hold the heavier it will be.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #30
Dracoluna
At the moment, I'm using wire racking which is actually extremely light weight. Since it will have to be moved in the spring, I went with that. Once I get my snake room around May, I plan on building a few more stationary pieces. I just want to be able to move them when I need to though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google