CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Not Feeding

Old 05-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Jimmygallows
Not Feeding

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to caring for my snakes I inherited them from a friend who no longer had the room to look after them. I have a male and an albino female (Stewie & Olivia) they share a viv as I was told they always have its a custom built that came with them, that measures 1m (w) x 1.5 (h) x 0.5 (d) they have mated twice possibly 3 times no eggs as yet and I have prepared somewhere for olivia to lay with vermiculite and such. They are both now however off their food, she hasn't eaten for nearly two months and stewie's intake has cut by half. I am a little worried they still handle fine and are very docile as they always have been. But I just need some advice on what to check for or what I can do to make them feel more comfortable, I know that the general rule is don't house them together but its never appeared a problem they seem to get on very well and will lay and coil together (its quite sweet actually) I've had them since december and have grown very very attached to them I love them dearly and just wanna make sure they're alright. Any advice very welcome thanks guys. If I don't reply straight away remember I'm in the UK, lol.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
toxiclight
The first advice would be to separate them. Breeding season can put an immense strain on the female, and although you've only seen them hook up three times, it doesn't mean that there isn't pursuit that you've not seen.

I know there are a lot of people on here who can outline the reasons much better than I can...but a quick search will show the dangers of co-habbing. And if they're breeding, there are a whole new set of behaviors and problems to look out for if Olivia is gravid.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google