• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show off your vivarium

Thats for now... Ive already got a massive tank, bigger and better hides, 60l of aspen bedding etc for when he grows up lol, a bit fast haha >.>

imgp1115xs.jpg

1. Im not sure how does all the image stuff works yet and it seems like I failed at my 1st try

2. Sorry for double post, I cant seem to find edit button if there is one

3. Some of those vivs are simply... AMAZING! :eek:

If you don't mind sharing how was the rock back drop made?

Silicone on the glass, then used that foam gap filler stuff over that
then sprayed the dried foam with adhesive in a can, and sprinkled play sand/mortar mix over it. You can vary the color by using different mortar mixes and the play sand gives you the good texture. :) Hope that helps!

Dangerous woods?

do you have any trees in your yard/ friends etc? what are they called? youd be surprised how many different trees can be used safely- i live where there is jacaranda trees, and they are wonderful-and in my front yard!

I thought that Cedar and Pine were the only trees to be wary of-- does anyone know of any others that could be harmful?

Thanks!!

so here is the new cage I finished for Harley. My wife said she wanted a cabinet for the spare bedroom, so I combined the two projects. I think I might have went a little overboard (haha) but he sure does love it. He hangs out on the shelves a lot more than on the bottom, but then again, he's always been wierd. haha!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 1,141
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 1,141
My vivarium is not nearly as nice as many of yours, but I recently decided to add some fake vines to 'green up' my otherwise plain tank. Wilma, my two-month old corn snake, is usually only out of her hides at night, but literally minutes after I put the new vines in, she's out roaming and climbing mid-day. I didn't realize how much she would 'enjoy' them. Here's a picture of the vivarium before I added any green; functional but boring:

6548435.jpg

And here's a picture after. Can you spot her? :D

wilma__s_vivarium_by_icantthinkofaname_09-d49xa0l.jpg

Oh my god I was wtf, looks the same as my snake + the same deco and Ive got the same hide in another viv which has again the same snake and one tank is like the same lol :D Nice pics :D

I don't know if I deserve to be in this thread yet - as my snakies are not yet living in their new home - I am still trying to achieve optimal conditions, but I am indeed in the process of working on a naturalistic vivarium - with the ultimate goal being to obtain a BSS (Bioactive Substrate System) - as well as an optimal naturalistic stimula for the snakies - i.e., morning basking light + afternoon basking light + plenty of hides + plenty of climbing areas + a ferris wheel... ok, maybe not a ferris wheel.

My WIP (work in progress) thread can be found here.

Attachments

• viv 13.jpg
    viv 13.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,080
  • viv 10.jpg
    viv 10.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 1,078
  • viv 11.jpg
    viv 11.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 1,082
The picture makes it look small, but its a 20gallon long. Thought I'd add my viv to this since I just finished putting in some extra vines and leaves. I'm hoping that Sonya will feel more secure with all these extra "hiding areas" and will come out at times, instead of being in her hides constantly. Though, the other day (before I added the extra vines/leaves) I woke up to find her humidity guage on the floor, and a few fake plants moved, and the digital thermometer crooked on its suction cup. Guess she'd been out while I was asleep x] The only problem with these vines is that now I have to look at the digital thermometer from the side of the viv because its impossible to see from the front lol I can still see the humidity guage from the front though x]

P1020590.jpg

Back