CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

thinking about releasing albino corn.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
esalas
thinking about releasing albino corn.

i live in new mexico and i have an albino corn i havent been able to sell, pet stores wont take in either. thinking about letting go in wild but want to have some research on it before i do. i couldnt find any threads on subject.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Nanci
Releasing a snake like that is a certain death sentence as well as most likely illegal. Can't you advertise in Craigs list or find a rescue in your area? Remember, to advertise snakes for sale or free here you need to be a contributing member.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Shiari
First, that is absolutely illegal.

Second, it is horrible unethical/immoral to do so. Albinos tend to do poorly in the wild, and you live in arid environment quite unlike corn snake natural habitat.

If you release it, it will likely die.

If you don't care about that fact, take it to a vet and have it euthanised.

Have you considered... putting it up for all of $10 on craigslist? Have you talked to local reptile clubs? Have you spoken with local veterinarians and their staff to see if someone would take the snake for you? I'm betting the answer is 'no'.

Also, why can't you just *keep* it?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
esalas
iv put in paper, crrigslist, alibi for free. talk to pet stores no body want it. ithats why came to this site to maybe find some one in my area that will take her in. i just had baby and she aint getting attention she needs. want good home fro her. thanks for info i wont release her. just need to find place to take her in my area.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Nanci
What about putting up signs on bulletin boards in grocery stores, feed stores, pet stores, etc.?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
esalas
yeah i guess thats my next bet. really didnt think it would be this hard to find some one willing to take her in. you wouldnt happen to know any members on this site from nm you can put me in touch with?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
Nanci
What about on Facebook? Do you have an account on there?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
esalas
i dont. not on computer to much but i just reg with that site you gave me. looks promising. thanks again.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
starsevol
Snakes don't really need any attention. If her habitat is right, just change her water every other day (takes about 45 seconds), and toss her a mouse once a week (with thawing, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes), poop scooping/cleaning maybe 20 minutes on a bad day (but about 10 minutes on average) per week....so you are looking at less than 40 minutes a week to give her all the "attention" she needs!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by esalas View Post
i dont. not on computer to much but i just reg with that site you gave me. looks promising. thanks again.
Remember on there you have to use your full real name to post an ad or you'll get in trouble!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google