CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

safe paints to use IN my vivarium?

Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
New2this<3
Thank you both. But the are no negative behavior or health effects to having my viv not look natuarl right?

Old 08-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
New2this<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVani View Post
Krylon fusion comes in many colors
I started looking up the krylon fusion and I noticed that the krylon color master and indoor/outdoor paint has more colors I like. Have you tried either one of those? Do you think they are safe since they are both till krylon?

Old 09-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #13
proileri
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2this<3 View Post
Thank you both. But the are no negative behavior or health effects to having my viv not look natuarl right?
Natural vs. unnatural are both human concepts, animals don't understand them. If someone says a snake should have a "natural-looking" environment, it's his personal opinion how to present his snake - he prefers to imagine there's a piece of wilderness in his vivarium. Snakes have some needs, like hides, climbing branches, bedding etc., but it's the function they need, and it doesn't really matter what these things look like.

For a snake, things like shelter vs. no shelter and light vs. dark are more important - light may represent open, unsafe place for them and dark probably feels more secure. In that sense, it's good to make sure they can hide in dark places and not make their environment too brightly colored.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
Chip
Quote:
Does the kyrlon fusion come in lots of colors?
Bunches!
Quote:
Will a matte finish make it harder to clean or will it absorb more?
The glossier, the easier to wipe down -the flatter, the easier to "touch up" with more paint. All abrasives can remove finishes. Most any oil based or latex paint can be used safely in vivs as long as they aren't going to be in very high humidity, and are given ample time to dry and cure.

Completely agree with proileri on "natural" vs. unnatural, as long as lighting isn't too bright.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
New2this<3
Proileri- thank you
Chip- thank you as well

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google