CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

My New Viv. Progress Shots

Old 09-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #11
Mr. Maya

Old 09-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
Mr. Maya
As far as it being hard to clean. I sure hope not. I plan on coating the foam structures with tile cement or whatever its called their in the states. then coating that with something nontoxic and washable color or something and throwing sand on it while its still wet. It has been said to be easy to clean and disinfect. We shall see.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
jenneses
I just figured with all the nooks and crannies it would be difficult. Let me know how cleaning works out for you!

Old 09-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #14
Mr. Maya
Will do.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #15
Blue Apple Herps
Whoa!!! That's going to be HUGE!! Great project, how long until its done do you think? Cant' wait to see finished pics.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #16
Mr. Maya
Well the first two I hope to have completed by the end of the week. and after a test faze I will be able to split up the "Kids".
The rest will be taking a little longer because it all got allot more Costly than I had originally planed. However due to the fact that I want to do it right and it will be a permanent addition to the living/Dinning room I'm willing to take the time and spend the money necessary.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:54 AM   #17
The_Thunderer
Mr. Maya! Sorry I hadn't posted earlier, but I think things look GREAT! I hope everything works out and that the "cost over-runs" don't get too big! LOL.

It certainly looks like you know what you're doing. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:10 AM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
What is the size? what are you using? is this for a multiple cage setup? The tiny pictures make it really hard to figure things out. For something like this it would be nice to see step by step instructions with each phase. This way if someone wanted to replicate this, they would have a great referral to here.
Yeah, where's the DIY for the DIY post?

Old 10-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #19
Drewby07
I have to say...I LOVE this setup! I think cleaning might be a pain....but I also think it would DEFINITELY be worth it to have such an awesome multi-unit system! I may have to build one of these myself!!

Old 10-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #20
Mr. Maya
Thanks for the great replies. Here are some update photos.
Viv # 1 prior to cementing with flexible tile stuff.

Viv # 2

Viv #1 with cement

Viv#2

Viv #1 With Resin based paint. Weather Impact resistant for easy Cleaning. Oh ya, Be Honest please, I can take it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google