CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello there! Also a few quick questions

Old 08-10-2019, 12:34 AM   #1
noctura91
Talking Hello there! Also a few quick questions

Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few things.

I am a first time corn snake owner but not new to snakes in general. I know quite a bit about ball pythons as my first boy was a beautiful ball (we lost him at 19 years old from old age). I've also owned a few other snakes but have gotten them all when they were older (all rescued and all over 3 yrs old).

Well we've just adopted a new little guy and have named him Long John Silver. He's a sweet boy but he hasn't eaten for me yet. He's tiny, seems to be healthy otherwise and since I have never owned such a young snake and never a corn I was curious about any tips on getting him to eat. The guy I got him from sadly passed away a few days after I got him. Before we adopted him the breeder had said that he was eating pinkies (ate twice). It hasn't been long enough for me to start worrying yet but I'd like some tips just in case.

Again, seems healthy, alert and is drinking and moving normally.

Also if anyone can help me identify what type of corn he is. I was so excited to bring him home and fell in love with the little guy that I didn't ask because honestly it doesn't matter too much (he's a pet not planning on breeding) but I am curious. I believe he is a normal but, not 100% certain. (Picture attached).

Thank you all in advance!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
baby corn, feeding problem, newbie introduction