CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Scale rot??? Never seen this?

Old 11-27-2018, 08:02 PM   #1
Loganisa123
Question Scale rot??? Never seen this?

no idea if it’s normal, has me worried

Old 11-27-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
Loganisa123
Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganisa123 View Post
no idea if it’s normal, has me worried
problem?

Old 11-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
Loganisa123
Feel like it may just be genetic, but picture doesn’t do justice lmao

Old 11-27-2018, 10:20 PM   #4
Twolunger
Typical scale rot, often called blister disease, is usually caused by too high humidity or unsanitary conditions. It is more common on the belly scales, or sides of the snake. Your picture seems to indicate a possible abrasion, or slight damage to the scales of what I'll call the snake's nose area. That could happen if a snake tries to force its way out of its enclosure, or attempts to rub against any object to start the shedding process. I'd try to look more closely using a magnifying glass. However, you could just treat the scales using triple antibiotic ointment and see what happens during the next shed.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:41 PM   #5
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Typical scale rot, often called blister disease, is usually caused by too high humidity or unsanitary conditions. It is more common on the belly scales, or sides of the snake. Your picture seems to indicate a possible abrasion, or slight damage to the scales of what I'll call the snake's nose area. That could happen if a snake tries to force its way out of its enclosure, or attempts to rub against any object to start the shedding process. I'd try to look more closely using a magnifying glass. However, you could just treat the scales using triple antibiotic ointment and see what happens during the next shed.
^^ what he said

-Tonya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
humidity, scale rot, shedding problem