CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Part home made cornsnake enclosure
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
Reptile Lover 23
Thumbs up Part home made cornsnake enclosure

Hey everyone

(This was back when i first started it)
first up is my half home made cornsnake enclosure i bought a rabbit hutch and "modified" it to suite my needs,
I will admit its not the best looking vivarium in the world and there's still work that needs doing....
having said that the top of the vivarium dose lift up when theres nawt on it, the left and right doors open and the shelves come out for easy cleaning
i had to change the panels on the doors to clear PVC as the doors where just wire mesh i have put air vents in at the rear and all the necessary stuff etc...


The vivarium is (5ft wide) (3ft 4inch)high and (2, 1/2ft) frunt to Back,
meny people may say this "isnt recommended"
for a corn snake due to it being "too big"
please also renember my corn snake Eats,Sheads,poops perfectly and is very! active....

(this is the most upto date photos)

Well i have made some change's to the enclosure,


I have painted the exterior Black to match my bearded dragons vivarium and i have added an extra PVC window on the left door.
I have also added a divider in the middle which you will notice through the center window (it's removable too)

Here are some more pics
Divider in


Divider out
 
Old 04-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
DollysMom
I'm impressed. I wish I had the wherewithal to build something like that!
 
Old 04-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I'm impressed. I wish I had the wherewithal to build something like that!
Thank you, it hasnt been to hard to be honest all of the work to it has been off the top of my head, i dont plan stuff i just start and see what i end up with and i like it, its got a few things i can add and remove when needed, super easy to clean out too

I keep Rexy in the left and Jarvis in the right, the divider is out tonight as there breeding
 
Old 04-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
DollysMom
The divider sounds like the snake version of an old fashioned bundling board. Best wishes on the breeding!
 
Old 04-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Reptile Lover 23
Haha, yeah i didnt have a clue what one of them was had to ask me mam, sounds about right tho
 
Old 04-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #6
kayjaypah
Nice vivarium! Great job!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Old 04-30-2017, 05:07 PM   #7
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjaypah View Post
Nice vivarium! Great job!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Kayjaypah, Glad you like it
 
Old 05-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #8
CornNut
That's a beautiful vivarium! I think it looks like a corn snake would be very happy living there, and how clever to set up a system where your two snakes can be separated for general living, but accessible to each other during mating season. I would think that marinating their home turf, but opening access to each other in such a minimally disruptive way will make their mating season as low stress as possible.

We only have one corn snake, and he is still small enough that his 20L vivarium is still big enough, but we want to have something bigger for him when he is full size. Your viv is giving me a lot of food for thought :-)
 
Old 05-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #9
CornNut
Yikes! Maintaining, NOT marinating, their home turf!!! (Done wrong again by autocorrect!)
 
Old 05-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #10
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornNut View Post
That's a beautiful vivarium! I think it looks like a corn snake would be very happy living there, and how clever to set up a system where your two snakes can be separated for general living, but accessible to each other during mating season. I would think that marinating their home turf, but opening access to each other in such a minimally disruptive way will make their mating season as low stress as possible.

We only have one corn snake, and he is still small enough that his 20L vivarium is still big enough, but we want to have something bigger for him when he is full size. Your viv is giving me a lot of food for thought :-)
Thank you, it makes me happy knowing what people think of my work
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.





as of 07/01/02


Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.06828403 seconds with 10 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo