CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Baby Corn Snake Lost In couch!!! I need urgent help!

Old 05-01-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
seth.mars
Baby Corn Snake Lost In couch!!! I need urgent help!

So, I'm extremely frustrated right now! I was just watching some tv with my corn snake (I got him as a baby in December, not sure of his exact age) and while I was distracted I realize he's not on my chest anymore. I look back, and see him sliding into the couch cushions. I try to pull him out (I now know that was a mistake), and he ended up pooping (I know that means I pulled too hard, I was just so scared of losing him!) and then entered the couch. I proceeded to freak out, lift up the couch, open the bottom black part and nothing I feel like I may have HEARD him moving around in there, but I haven't seen him since he pooped on me. I'm so worried about him! The worst part is, I'm moving out of my apartment this week! I don't want him to die, and I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't come up before I have to move out by Saturday. Aaaah, I'm so frustrated and upset! What can I do? I have a pinkie out in fromnt of the couch and I put grocery bags all along the edges so I'll hear him if he comes out. I'm so worried, frustrated, and upset with myself! Can anyone help with other ideas? I live with three other roommates and I know they won't be happy if my snake is roaming around lost. Another thing, he's about 35 grams and about 16 inches.

PLEASE HELP!!

Old 05-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
Reptile Lover 23
make sure nobody sits on the sofa Obv.... if the cusions unzip take them all off and take as much stuff apart as you can, if the sofa has black felt underneath you will have to cut it all off very carfully with some sissors, if it was me i would cut the underside off as to me a snake matters more than a sofa, a sofa can be replaced obv at a price but i would do anythink to save one of mu snakes, best of look finding him, Keep us updated and upload a pic of the sofa so we know what your dealing with.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
seth.mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Lover 23 View Post
make sure nobody sits on the sofa Obv.... if the cusions unzip take them all off and take as much stuff apart as you can, if the sofa has black felt underneath you will have to cut it all off very carfully with some sissors, if it was me i would cut the underside off as to me a snake matters more than a sofa, a sofa can be replaced obv at a price but i would do anythink to save one of mu snakes, best of look finding him, Keep us updated and upload a pic of the sofa so we know what your dealing with.
Here's the sofa. I honestly want to just rip it apart, but it's my landlord's, not mine, and I can only imagine how much he would charge me for such blatant destruction of property.

https://ibb.co/ieuSfk

Old 05-01-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
Reptile Lover 23
I see, looks like a nice sofa too, by best guess is it will most likely be under the brown felt where the springs are, problem with snakes is they can get anywhere, specialy round sofa's failing that i would put his viv infrunt of the sofa with the heat mat on and also put a hide on the floor so if he comes out of the sofa he may go into the viv or under a hide, putting food out can help if hes hungry id brain it to give the sent off too. Hope it gose okay keep me upto date

Old 05-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Reptile Lover 23
Failing that, take all the staples out underneath that are holding the black felt on and see if you find him that way then if you do go buy a staple gun and re staple the black felt back on then your landlord should never know

Old 05-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #6
The Cat
I've had this happen before and we ended up cutting out the back of the couch, digging through the stuffing and springs, and finding my little snake buried in there. She had somehow gotten up inside the couch rather than slithering below the cushions. As said before me, taking out the staples might work, too. Just find a way to get into the couch. Good luck!

Old 05-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #7
seth.mars
Thanks for the help you guys. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find him, and I've now moved out of my apartment

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google