CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Identity crisis

Old 05-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
Hawser
Identity crisis

Well..... Not so much a crisis. We have recently adopted 2 corn snakes. It's been ~15 years since we last snakes and morphs have come a long way since then. We love the look of both and I wanted to get some expert opinions as to the possible morphs (and want to show them off a little). We are giving them a little longer before naming them as we want to get a good understanding of their behavior (though after my daughter said one looks like a slice of pizza I'm sure her name will end up having something to do with an Italian pie).

For now this is temporarily the "small one" or "#1"

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Old 05-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
Hawser
And this is the "Big one" or "#2"

Old 05-12-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
Reptile Lover 23
#1 i would say is an Anerythristic I have an Anerythristic theres not much difference between #1 and mine

#2 i would say it kinda resembles a Amelanistic not 100% sure tho Hope this helps

Old 05-13-2017, 01:00 AM   #4
CornsAustria
Ghost (hypo anery) or ultramel anery
and
Amel are my guesses

Old 05-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #5
Hawser
Thank you for lending your eyes. #1 was picked up at a local per store and labeled a "ghost". I was told #2 is the offspring of a ghost (male) and a strawberry (female). I've had amelanistics in the past and they had all orange background. I noticed this one had the orange towards the head but the body shows pink. I won't sure about adopting her because of her size (we where looking for younger). But when I held her that was it...... Thank you again.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #6
Dragonling
Probably just from candycane-ish lines. Amels have a ridiculous amount of variation. If the parents of the amel are actually ghost and strawberry, then she is also hypoberry, but I question the authenticity of most "strawberries" these days unless they came from known lines.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #7
Hawser
Guess the only way to truly know would be from her offspring.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:13 AM   #8
CornsAustria
Amel's can be so various !!
Look here
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=amelanistic

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google