• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tessera Club!! Post Yours Too!!

I have not entered this club yet officially. In process of ordering my own tessera or two from Don Soderberg. Here's a picture he sent me of the three colorations of tessera's.

Enjoy it like I do. Lol!

tesseracornsnakehatchlings.jpg

Yeah it really does!! I'll settle for the girl I have coming, hopefully this week if weather allows. I can't wait!! :crazy01:

I have the ugliest Tessera known to man kind. His hets are a big secrete, and he doesn’t look like he is homo Striped or Motley. He is not even a Redcoat. Maybe he is the only real Tessera phenotype around.

I have a clunker and I am in the back of the line, but I will start some fine tuning. I will see if I am good at guessing what I might breed a Tessera too, if I was keeping it a secrete. I would love to see some of your Tessera hook ups this year.

If he is a stud, I will have a very interesting year with him.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 949
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 945
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 943
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 944
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 941
I have the ugliest Tessera known to man kind. His hets are a big secrete, and he doesn’t look like he is homo Striped or Motley. He is not even a Redcoat. Maybe he is the only real Tessera phenotype around.

I have a clunker and I am in the back of the line, but I will start some fine tuning. I will see if I am good at guessing what I might breed a Tessera too, if I was keeping it a secrete. I would love to see some of your Tessera hook ups this year.

If he is a stud, I will have a very interesting year with him.

I have to say two things here...(1) He is beautiful, not ugly! Different which is great because many customers love different. and (2) You cannot be in the back of the line if he has hets to him. My boy (2009) is purely normal tessera no hets and I'm breeding him for the 1st time this year. So I would say I'm behind you! I will not see any morph tesseras from my collection until 2012.

My suggestion to you is find the most combined combo morph you have and breed him to them. I wish you the best, be sure to post pictures with what you produce. :)

My suggestion to you is find the most combined combo morph you have and breed him to them. I wish you the best, be sure to post pictures with what you produce. :)
I certainly know how I would approach Tessera, if I had them first. I see Tessera het Amels just as an example, and I just can’t imagine that I would start by breeding them to a single homo morph.

If he is a good two year old breeder, I will be able to test for most morphs with a few breedings to triple homo morphs, while creating Tessera triple hets in the process.

I expect to see a rainbow of colors from Tessera all over the world this year.

Now I'm of the opposite opinion of Mr Pierce. I want to see them go right back into the localities for fine tuning...I really want to see Extreme Oketera's and some real crisp Tessiami's :*)

Sure looks like a fun gene to play with, gotta get on somebodies payment plan soon ;)

Lookin' forward to seeing everyones results this year :cheers:

Ooo! Ooo! I'll play. :D

Una is a 2009 female Tessera. I got her from Walter Smith last year. She's a character and I love her!

Baby Una - April 6th, 2010

IMG_2352.jpg

And few of Una today! (There are more in her progression thread, which I just updated)

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

I've got some plans for this girl, though it will be a couple years down the road still. ;)

Wow, Una has the checkery-est belly I have ever seen in a Tessera. She's so bright now!! I still remember the day you got her- wow- what a surprise! One of the first "normal" people to get one!!

Wow, Una has the checkery-est belly I have ever seen in a Tessera. She's so bright now!! I still remember the day you got her- wow- what a surprise! One of the first "normal" people to get one!!

Lol! To be perfectly honest, _I'M_ still surprised that I got her! I really have been very, very lucky with a couple of my acquisitions. :D

And I love her checkers. My favorite part is the way she has a black checker "border" along the sides of her belly. :) I didn't realize that checkers were more uncommon, though. Guess I haven't really been paying close attention to other Tessera bellies. :p

OK, here's the deal, people. I'm drooling at all these beautiful Tesseras. Drool is NOT pretty, nor is it good for my old Type M IBM Clicky keyboard. So, to spare the keyboard, and the people who have to look at me when I drool, someone needs to step up to the plate and donate one of their "spare" Tesseras to me. Just Do It. Do it now. Before something terrible happens to my keyboard or the look on my husband's face if he has to keep watching me slobber :).

The tessera stripe I saw was amazing. I think I'll have to get a few corns with those hets and make those. They look the best to me, I think.

Also, I have one other thing to say about this thread:
I hate you all. :grin01:

I certainly know how I would approach Tessera, if I had them first. I see Tessera het Amels just as an example, and I just can’t imagine that I would start by breeding them to a single homo morph.

If he is a good two year old breeder, I will be able to test for most morphs with a few breedings to triple homo morphs, while creating Tessera triple hets in the process.

I expect to see a rainbow of colors from Tessera all over the world this year.

I agree.

Whats your take of motley and tessera?

I agree.

Whats your take of motley and tessera?

If you meant Tessera Motleys, I have no experience hatching any of them out yet, and I have only seen the photos and explanations of others. I am just taking in what I read, and will see what results I get.

Motley and Tessera can be similar in appearance, but there are a lot of differences too. Tessera is dominant, which is the big deal about this gene. The pattern will be created like wildfire, but the addition of the recessive genes will still take some work.

It seems obvious to me that there are Tessera’s homo for Striped or Motley and seem to have been mixed up from the start. It seem as if the group that started Tessera is starting to get a handle on it to me. I read some of the post about Tessera Stripes and Tessera Motleys and it is not completely clear to me exactly what is going on, or I just don‘t see it yet.

Since Motley and Striped may be in my Tessera mix already, I guess I would like to know what he is carrying. I haven’t decided what to bred him to, but most of my multiple homo morphs are Striped, Motley or Bloodred.

Tessera X Lav Blood het Hypo Charcoal would test for four genes, and get Blood. Tessera x Striped Champagne three more and get Striped. I guess I could do something like Tessera X Lava Motley het Caramel to test for three more. I would like to get Dilute and Sunkissed tested/started some how too. In the past, I would never have thought about mixing pattern traits, but now with morphs like Sunkissed Stripeds and Sunkissed Cinders, my mind has been changed.

Personally at this time, I could not identify the Tessera phenotype, the Tessera Motley phenotype or the Tessera Striped pheno. There are others with a few years breeding them, trying to figure it all out. I am sure they have breed Tessera X Okeetee, with no hets, so that should be the Tessera phenotype.

My guy doesn’t fit the perfect striped, black borders he is suppose to have. Maybe he has Aztec influence, I don‘t know. I know I have seen lots of Tessera I like more than mine, so if Striped or Motley is helping, I will try to make them too.

I will trade Motleys for Tessera anytime, well not all of them. I got lucky and picked mine up in a trade. He will certainly make my year more interesting.

If you meant Tessera Motleys, I have no experience hatching any of them out yet, and I have only seen the photos and explanations of others. I am just taking in what I read, and will see what results I get.

Motley and Tessera can be similar in appearance, but there are a lot of differences too. Tessera is dominant, which is the big deal about this gene. The pattern will be created like wildfire, but the addition of the recessive genes will still take some work.

It seems obvious to me that there are Tessera’s homo for Striped or Motley and seem to have been mixed up from the start. It seem as if the group that started Tessera is starting to get a handle on it to me. I read some of the post about Tessera Stripes and Tessera Motleys and it is not completely clear to me exactly what is going on, or I just don‘t see it yet.

Since Motley and Striped may be in my Tessera mix already, I guess I would like to know what he is carrying. I haven’t decided what to bred him to, but most of my multiple homo morphs are Striped, Motley or Bloodred.

Tessera X Lav Blood het Hypo Charcoal would test for four genes, and get Blood. Tessera x Striped Champagne three more and get Striped. I guess I could do something like Tessera X Lava Motley het Caramel to test for three more. I would like to get Dilute and Sunkissed tested/started some how too. In the past, I would never have thought about mixing pattern traits, but now with morphs like Sunkissed Stripeds and Sunkissed Cinders, my mind has been changed.

Personally at this time, I could not identify the Tessera phenotype, the Tessera Motley phenotype or the Tessera Striped pheno. There are others with a few years breeding them, trying to figure it all out. I am sure they have breed Tessera X Okeetee, with no hets, so that should be the Tessera phenotype.

My guy doesn’t fit the perfect striped, black borders he is suppose to have. Maybe he has Aztec influence, I don‘t know. I know I have seen lots of Tessera I like more than mine, so if Striped or Motley is helping, I will try to make them too.

I will trade Motleys for Tessera anytime, well not all of them. I got lucky and picked mine up in a trade. He will certainly make my year more interesting.

I guess I haven't done much research on the Tessera Motley end of things. I didn't even know there was a Tessera Motley!

I have seen some beautiful Tesseras and Tessera Stripes but not the Motley. I'm understanding that if you breed a Tessera to a Stripe you can get Stripes out of them...correct? :shrugs:

Back