• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Low diffusion Fire progression.

albertagirl

Sharan
Since there wasn't a lot of certainty how my Fire baby would turn out, I am starting a progression thread for her so we can see what babies like her turn into. :)

She's only had one shed with me so far, so I don't have a lot of pictures to add yet, but here are some pictures from when I got her on Aug 23 until now.

First, here are her Mom (Inferno) and Dad (Diffused Golddust):
1 inferno mom.jpg
1 golddust blood dad.jpg

And one of her the day I got her. She hatched June 25, so she was 2 months old.
rave resized.jpg

After one shed.

And finally, post shed pictures! I'm pretty happy with how much color she gained over only one month. I have absolutely no experience to compare it to, but it was more than I expected for sure!! :bird:

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

I don't know what magical light hit her in this last picture that makes her look so much brighter, but I love this picture.
z4.jpg

She's a very pretty girl. I'll be interested to see how she changes.

Thank you Olivia. Me too! LoL
She's already everyone else's favorite, and although I can't say I have a favorite right now, I sure did miss her while she was blue.

I just love how much color she brings to my little scale family. My other two are pretty neutral colors, but Rave just pops! The three together look amazing, not that they're ever together for anything other than pictures... and even then, always heading off into three different directions! :laugh:

IMG_1995.JPG

Oooh, keep this thread updated, she's gonna be PRETTY!

I will. I know she'll be incredibly bright no matter how she develops. I just love having such an intensely colored snake in with my other 3, even though I generally ooh and ah over the more light/dark ones. I am definitely getting a blizzard next year, and if I can just find a black milk, I'll be getting one of those for sure!! But she will always be my "light bulb" baby.

:dancer:

Pre-shed teaser

Rave'N is getting ready to shed again. She hasn't shed yet but is cleared up and I expect she'll go in the next day or two. Here's a little teaser of a picture that I took from before she went blue. Not the best picture, but it was just taken on a whim, and turned out kinda blinding... so I'll show you anyway. :)

Talk about a light bulb baby! :D

rave 2.2 resize.jpg

Rave'N shed yesterday but in all the fuss with the cages I haven't really had the time for a photo shoot, so I snapped a few quick lackluster photos and then fed her. Here are a couple of pics, nothing too exciting. I'll see if I can get some better ones over the weekend. I personally don't see a real change from last month this time. Do they have color development spurts, like growth spurts? Some months a lot more change than others??

rave oct_21.jpg
I'm just not as fast with my camera as she is with her head:
rave oct 21.jpg

And a couple of cute ones of her using my hand as a hide... just because they make me smile.
hand hide.jpg
hand hide 2.jpg

New shed

Raven has shed for me again. Here are some pictures I took with my new cell phone, trying to figure out the camera functions. One of these days I will try to take pictures of her in daylight (with a camera) and not use the flash, and hopefully capture her true colors, but at this time of year it's dark when I leave for work, and dark when I get home, so for now these will have to do. A little washed out, but still pretty bright. :cool:

In other news, we are currently experiencing a blizzard here and are expecting something like 20-30cm of snow over the next couple of days with high winds and near white-out conditions. Amazingly, even though it happens every year, there are always people who don't know how to drive in snow, yet refuse to stay off the roads, so my trip across town later today should be extra fun.

rave nov_26b.jpg

rave nov_26a.jpg

rave nov_26c.jpg

New pics

We had another shed! Raven sheds more frequently than my other hatchlings which means she spends 1 out of every 4 weeks hiding for a shed. That makes me kind of sad because she's my only snake that consistently comes out to say hi every single time I'm in the room, so I really miss her when she's hiding!

Okay, enough whining. :laugh:

I finally got a new belly picture, and a couple of decent pictures of latest colors. I like to say she kinda punches you in the eyeballs, she's so intensely bright. When I take her out and don't immediately feel kind of awed at how bright she is, that's when I know she must be going blue. She amazes me every single time I look at her!

First just a cute one taken through the glass.
raven 11.jpg

Here is her belly.
raven 14.jpg

Her head.
raven 15.jpg

An overall look at her. She's almost 30 grams now. This one is probably closest to her truest colors.
raven 13.jpg

And just a really cute one that I added because It makes me laugh. She's trying really hard to reach the camera!
raven 12.jpg

Last edited:
Back