• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Meet "Rufus"

Rufus is so vibrant! and so friendly :)

He is very friendly indeed. Just like a dog or cat. Some people say that snakes can't show emotion and don't form bonds with their owners, but I disagree completely. Snakes have a great sense of sight, smell and taste. They know who we are. They get used to us. And I can tell Rufus likes being handled and spending time with me out of his cage.

One day he is going to make a pretty girl snake very happy lol

Nicole

LOL, he's still a youngster Nicole. I've not told him about the birds and the bees yet.

He is very friendly indeed. Just like a dog or cat. Some people say that snakes can't show emotion and don't form bonds with their owners, but I disagree completely. Snakes have a great sense of sight, smell and taste. They know who we are. They get used to us. And I can tell Rufus likes being handled and spending time with me out of his cage.

I completely agree with you. I used to think the same way until I had 6. They each had their own little personalities. One day I came home to fine out my cat moved plywood off the top of my texas rat snake's 40 gal and broke through the screen. I found Buddy behind his tank all coiled up. He was okay but frightened and when I picked him up and hugged the stiff coily mass he was, he immediately relaxed and let out a huge sigh while resting his head on my shoulder. That convinced me these creatures have more than meets the eye. :)

Rufus goes Exploring

<Rufus> "hmmm...... I wonder what I can do to get Karl to remove his arm from my new Hiding place?"

Attachments

• IMG_0852 (2).JPG
    IMG_0852 (2).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 75
Lol, but if you remove the arm, Rufus, you remove the built in heater, silly snakey!

So cute Karl. Love your boy Rufus.

You don't have to hold onto a corn snake, they will hold onto you

Rufus loves to hang out on my shoulder or wrap around my neck. (Pic 1). He will stay there for hours if I let him. He likes to get up under my hair though and sometimes get tangled and pulls on it. So I sometimes have to reach up and pull my hair away from him. Well today when I did this, he took the opportunity to loop his tail around my thumb and held onto it with a death grip. (Pic 2).

Attachments

• IMG_0857 (2).JPG
    IMG_0857 (2).JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0859 (2).JPG
    IMG_0859 (2).JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 66
He's very well behaved, except he told me he wants to Hide in the mailbox and surprise the mailman tomorrow.

I told him, I don't think so.

5 Star Dining Experience

A "Customer" slithered into the Mous-A-Teria this morning and was greeted by the Maitre D' ...........

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 70
5 Star Dining Experience...cont...

We placed him at our finest Dining Bin.......

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 65
5 Star Dining Experience....cont....

The Customer placed his order, Mouse prepared rare, pink in the middle and slightly bloody. He was curiously watching and waiting for his meal........

Attachments

• IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 64
5 star dining.....cont......

Meanwhile back in the kitchen, the cooking staff carefully prepares the meal.......

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 63
5 star dining experience.....(finale)

The meal is presented to the eager customer, and he quickly coiled around his meal to keep the gawky onlookers from seeing his fine cuisine.......

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 65
I've notice that the mousateria only has one thing on the menu, but according to the customer, they prepare and present it perfectly!

Thanks Karl for that. Made my Sunday morning :)

Rufus could write a very witty book. Of course, you would be his ghost writer and photographer! Snake Tails From the Hide

Back