CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Ideas for making a bin viv look nicer?

Old 02-26-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
RubikAce
Ideas for making a bin viv look nicer?

As much as I would like to get nice wood & glass vivariums for my two snakes, I'm not sure I can actually afford those at the moment. Therefore, I'll be continuing on the bin route, but my problem is that plastic bins just aren't the nicest to look at. I've been eyeing at the biggest IKEA Samla bins (30.7 x 22 x 17 inches or 78 x 56 x 43 cm), which are large enough to house my sneaky ones until I can make the investment and buy something a little more permanent. So my question is, does anyone have any helpful hints as to how to make bin vivs look even a tad more pleasing to the eye?

Old 03-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #2
Mette
My first corn was kept in a large semi-transparent plastic box for a while. I painted grass and plants on the outside of the box and it looked nice, I think.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
DollysMom
You can still put fake plants in plastic bins. I think a little greenery adds a lot and it does provide hiding spots.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
lazarin
These pics are pretty old, but here's my buddy's enclosure. I like to use natural looking hides and lots of fake plants, plus lots of wooden stuff to climb on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google