CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

How difficult are corn snakes to care for?

Old 04-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #11
The Cat
I've owned a variety of pets and so far the corn snake has been the easiest to care for. They don't require a massive terrarium or have any difficult habitat requirements, and they only eat around once a week (depending on age and size). Generally, they aren't aggressive and are very tolerable of handling.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:26 PM   #12
DLena
Corns are great snakes...first, last and in between LOL.
There's a morph (color) for every taste, and some absolutely wonderful, honest and caring breeders on this site who would help you find what you are looking for.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #13
MysticExotics
Snakes are very easy to care for. The hardest part is getting their environment set up correctly. Once you do that, it's super easy.

Cornsnakes are one of the easiest to care for and have great temperaments.

There is a lot of great information in this forum, and pretty easy to find. Go to the top of the page and use the search option for the topic you are looking for. There are many posts about almost every topic you can think of in relation to Cornsnake care.

They are a lot of fun to keep, and can be addictive!

Old 04-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #14
DLena
Very addictive. Each one has his or her own unique personality and cute quirks/mannerisms. I adore them.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #15
The Breaker
Thanks to everyone for all the replies, They have been most helpful. ( :

Old 04-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #16
MysticExotics
Be sure to post pics of yours when you get one!

Old 04-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #17
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breaker View Post
I would never buy from a chain pet store, but we do have a small locally owned pet store that cares very much about their animals. When we get a cocketiel from them there was a very informed gentleman making sure that we knew everything to give it a great home. Would places like this sometimes be an exception?
Yes, that is definitely an exception. I intended to specify big box pet stores. The top grossing pet companies do not typically buy from small breeders, and I know PetSmart definitely does not.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #18
Patmart
I had my George from our pet shop she was very good told us about setting his home up and feeding him
We get his food from there she really looked after us
Pat xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-23-2017, 05:08 PM   #19
Amanda47
Once they're set up, they're easy to care for, but keep in mind that they'll live 20+ years if kept well.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #20
AndyMae
Hi there! I grew up with massive retics and actually got my love of snakes from the big love-bugs. Yes, some large boas and pythons can be aggressive and their care is fairly complex for a newbie, but a corn snake is nowhere NEAR as difficult. Their husbandry needs are minimal when it comes to snakes and they're actually very friendly. I've only ever been bitten by my 6 month old once, and that was during feeding time. As long as you're handling your corn every day (with the exception of feeding day, the day after feeding, and during shed), it'll most likely be a perfect example of the species.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google