CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Crazy lady corn

Old 05-05-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Anemicshoe
Unhappy Crazy lady corn

Hey all! Its been a while.
My girl Pixel is almost 3 years now

The last 5 days she has been acting very out of character. Normally she chills in her hides during the day & sometimes climbs at night. Recently she has been ceaselessly roaming her cage looking for a way out. Her frequent pushing at the lid actually broke one of the locks & I had to replace it. She rests only a little in the warm hide before shes back at it. Appetite is still awesome if not moreso, the mouse still leaves a bulge.
When I get her out she seems a bit more active than when I used to handle but not distressed/flaily.
Iv checked all my husbandry and its all the same its ever been for 2 years.

Is this just a mature lady snake pining for a boyfriend or something I should be more concerned about.

Shes already crimped her scales from gripping the lid hard/falling too much & im worried she'll give herself a nose rub on the mesh roof

Old 05-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
Iulia
Are you sure she is a 'she'?

Old 05-06-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
Anemicshoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iulia View Post
Are you sure she is a 'she'?
She was sexed from the breeder as a she when tiny & our boy corn (when we had him) got very excited about her when they were out together. Plus a small tail. Generally the info I have leans strongly in that direction.

She also had a shed before this behavior started

Old 05-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
Iulia
well my guess would be she is looking for love indeed, but hopefully some more experienced people will drop by

Old 05-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #5
Dragonling
Could also be looking for a place to lay infertile eggs. Mine get very restless before laying, and the previous shed could be a sign.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
Reptile Lover 23
Im having the same thing kinda
My girl Rexy is 8 years old

This all started after i introduced the male corn Jarvis

I put them togeather for 24hrs then seperated them for 24hrs then put them back togeather for 24hrs then seperated them and the next day (Rexy) went into blue and had a full shed after the full shed i offered her a large mice/mouse Soo

The last 4 weeks she has been acting very out of character. Normally she chills in her hides during the day & is active at night. for the past 4 weeks she has been out of her hides 24/7 and keeps pushing her nose against the glass and moveing all the substrate into a pile She rests only a little on the top shelf (Click here to see her enclosure with the shelf) before she is back at being very active.

Her appetite Has gone I have tried different size mice and day-old-chicks she wont eat any of them. every 10 days i offer her food and for the past 4 weeks and a half still hasnt eaten she is 620grams and 5,1/2ft long

Old 05-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #7
Anemicshoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Could also be looking for a place to lay infertile eggs. Mine get very restless before laying, and the previous shed could be a sign.
Oh dear D: she doesn't seem any thicker bodied than she was. Should I squeeze in a nesting box just in case then?

Old 06-04-2017, 07:40 PM   #8
Ms.Ivory
I would say she is about to lay eggs. They could be infertile though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google