CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Moving

Old 07-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
EffingWaterBuffalo
Moving

Hey y'all, so in 2 weeks we will be moving cross country and of course were taking Kratos. It's a 16 hour drive and we're doing it all in one day. I'm quite worried, I've lost a snake before in a hot car (but he was in a deli cup which we won't be doing this time).

We were told by a breeder put him in a pillow case and if the car was comfortable for us it would be for him. I'm just worried about direct sunlight so I was gonna put the pillow case he was in in a cooler or something.

I don't know I would just be devistated if we lost him so I'm looking for recommendations on how to move safely with him.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Old 07-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
obboi34
I'd say try for a cooler with a hot water bottle and put your snake in a pillowcase inside. Your car will likely be air conditioned and that's a little chilly. Give him a once over every so often to make sure he's doing alright and I'd recommend bringing him inside if you stop for meals.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
albertagirl
Don't forget to throw a thermometer into the cooler with him.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #4
ImraanM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obboi34 View Post
I'd say try for a cooler with a hot water bottle and put your snake in a pillowcase inside. Your car will likely be air conditioned and that's a little chilly. Give him a once over every so often to make sure he's doing alright and I'd recommend bringing him inside if you stop for meals.

Is it allowed to bring snakes into restaurants?

Old 07-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #5
EffingWaterBuffalo
He's in a pillow case and I can just stick that in my purse

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google