• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

DYI Climbing creations that work???

You can give your little guy lots of things to climb on, but it all will depend on your snakes personality whether he/she likes to climb... Just give it the opportunity and hopefully your snake will enjoy climbing... Even if it doesn't your viv will be a nice looking decoration... I personally have 4 nicely decorated vivs and one of my snakes enjoys being out and about... I am hoping the others will start coming out more as they get older... Good luck... :)

I'd get him a couple suction cup vines to stick to the sides and a big bendy vine with leaves, OR a big bendy vine with leaves wound around one of those plain brown bendy vines. You just take the bendy vine and unwind it, then crumple it into the size that will fit in the viv and drape over all the hides and stuff. Baby snakes love to climb in leafy vines.

1.What you need is, one empty toilet paper roll. (no paper, just the cardboard) You can always just get a tube from a FedEx or something, feel free to cut it so It will be 'just' right inside the vivarium. I'm going to have to upgrade from a toilet paper roll soon because my snake is getting so darn big!

2.String and some tape.
Get two pieces of string, Tie each one at each end of the paper roll.
After this is done, make sure both sides are even so the snake wont fall out.

3.Tie both strings together and put them through the top of the viv, if the string is thick enough and you can make a big enough knot to stay on top, then that's fine, but I would also just take it on top.

4. Feel free to add on whatever you want to it, paint, (that is safe). My snake likes to float in the air for some odd and random reason, fine with me, I can see her more!

Good Luck! I hope you find something that you'll like!

Wait, that sounds kinda cool, but isnt tape bad, or does it go outside the tank?

And just so i picture this right, we basically end up with a roll thats floating off the ground of the tank or against the wall?

Yes, please be more descriptive... I can kind of visualize what you are saying... but I'm not totally sure. Do you have a picture you can show us?

Sorry for the late responce, but no, the tape is NOT inside the viv, the tape is just holding the string on top of the viv. Here are 3 pictures, maybe this will give you a better idea. It took me less than 3 minutes to make.

If you want to pretty it up so It doenst look so 'plain' do something to make it prettier, make sure its safe for your snake.

From inside the ViV.
S5030190.jpg
On top, the tape is not inside the viv as you see.
S5030191.jpg
Here's me trying to get you fella's a better shot, I have pretty unsteady hands, so forgive me.
S5030193.jpg

Back