• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Not eating/About to shed?

HeatherLegolas

Help!! My 7 month old corn snake hasn't eaten in 2 weeks (as of tomorrow). I assumed that it was because he's about to shed. His eyes went to the bluish-white color 3 days ago, but it doesn't usually take this long for him to shed after they go blue. I tried to feed him again today (even tho he's blue, i've read mixed opinions on this and I've never had issues with feeding him when he's blue in the past, I do try to stay away from that). Should I be concerned? He's never had feeding/shedding problems in the past and usually does a one-to-two piece shed.

His temperatures are between 80-86 on the top high end and about 75-80 on the bottom high end.

I read something about deydration so I'm a bit panicked. When I took the chance of trying to feed him again today his skin seemed a bit "loose" but I don't know if that was due to deydration or because of his shed. ??????

A 7 month old who is in good shape can go 2 weeks without a problem so no need to panic just yet :) If you are worried about dehydration you can try putting his head to the water or even soaking in 1/2 inch of water in a container with a lid. Soaking can also help with a shed if he is about to. If I have someone who is blue or going into/coming out of blue, I will try to feed if I have their meal thawed before I notice. So, I would just keep trying to feed him on his normal schedule and try the water tricks if you are worried but I wouldnt be too concerned just yet :) Good luck with your baby :)

Back