• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Concerning double pinks...

spacetiger110

So, according to the Munson plan, Rocky is ready to move up to two pinkies every four to five days. Saturday will be his first time getting two.
Do I feed him the second one immediately after the first one, or is there a period of time that I should wait between pinkies?

You can put both in and let him eat them at his leisure, if he will do that. If he tong feeds, you can wait for him to finish the first one, then offer the second one.

Once the first one is swallowed, they are usually ready for the second one.

I use the day old pinkies when I feed double pinks, to prevent regurges from too big of jump in prey volume.

Thanks. He isn't tong fed, so I'll just dump them both in at once. I've been buying the pre-frozen ones from Petco and the bag says approx. 1.5 grams. Is that okay? The Munson plan says 2-3 grams each, but since these are what he's been getting, I figured two of the same would be best.

if the munson plan says feed 2 @ 2 to 3 grams ea. = 4 to 6 grams total.

And you are feeding 1.5 gram pinkies x 2 = 3 grams total.

You may be a tad bit short by weight. It's probably not a big deal, there are several remedies.......

1). Feed 3 instead of 2. (3 x 1.5 = 4.5 total), or
2.) Feed on 4 day intervals instead of 5, or
3). Try to find heavier pinkies, or
4). Just feed like you mentioned above and settle for a slightly slower growing snake.

I usually make sure their first food item is most of the way to their stomach before offering the second, but I do tong feed. I don't want to stress them too much and cause them to regurge (I've had it happen with this). As for following the Munson plan, I don't...so you'll have to rely on others for advice on that. :)

Back