• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I think I've killed it

You guys should check out DPReview.com

Just be sure to read the owners reviews and not just go off the sites star system.

Great info on there on most every digi-cam out there.

Sorry to here about your baby. I love my cam ALMOST as much as my snakes and lizard.

You guys should check out DPReview.com

Just be sure to read the owners reviews and not just go off the sites star system.

Great info on there on most every digi-cam out there.

Sorry to here about your baby. I love my cam ALMOST as much as my snakes and lizard.

At times I love my kit more than my snakes LOL

Oh, that's a shame! I hope you find a good camera for a good price. I can't wait to get my own camera. I would hang on to the one you have though; those colors are awesome! On an alternate note though; did you ask anyone from maybe a Best Buy type store (can't think of what the type of store would be, argh!) if they know of a way to fix it?

It'll be tough to get an olympus fixed unless its still under warranty. And who knows what the cost would be if not. Might be worth looking into though.

I got the Fuji S5800 in the end.
I installed the software disc that came with it, then my 'puter was complaining about disc space. So I merrily went through getting rid of unused programmes. So OF COURSE I'D DELETED THE CAMERA STUFF! :uhoh:
So now it's late, I'm up for a study day in the morning, and I'll re-install the darn thing after that. Then I'll see how the pictures came out.

Couldn't go to bed without seeing at least some pictures, so I re-installed the software. Here's Polly, I'm going to have fun with this camera, after I get my head 'round the settings.This is just macro with flash on 'auto' settings

Attachments

• 213a.JPG
    213a.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 54
MUCH better pictures Janine!

One thing though, turn down your flash intensity and you won't get that bleaching, okie dokie :)

Here's Belle helping me figure out the daylight/macro/natural light setting

Attachments

• 88a.JPG
    88a.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 52
I'm so glad I got this camera. I'm going to have to take my time learning how to use the settings, here's a freshly shed Bonanza

Attachments

• 119a.JPG
    119a.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 52
Okey dokey Elle, I have a challenge for tomorrow night! I'll be at one of my chap's gigs, and want to take some nice piccies. I'll read through the manual tomorrow but I would appreciate any pointers in the right direction. Probably low light, so I'll want pictures that capture the images clearly, but still have the ambiance, not too brightly lit, if you get what I mean.

You will need a slow shutter speed aka long exposure as I am assuming you will not be using a flash with all the silly lights they use. Wide apperture to let in more light and just try to keep still while your taking pictures! Maybe not possible at a roudy gig... LOL. If it's possible, take a tripod and get some nice shots from the sidelines, that way you have much more control over glare reduction and slower shutter speeds. I'v done this a couple of times at pals gigs and got some nice enough shots.

If it were me, thats how I would do it. But you will have to set your camera up by taking a few shots and looking to see how they came out. Remember though, when you look at the display screen the shot is never the way it's suppose to look. For example, when I take a picture on my D40 and look at it in the display screen, its 2+ brighter than when I look on my monitor, so I don't rely on looking at my pictures to let me know how to adjust the settings.

Wow Janine, when I saw the first pic from the "dropped" camera, I thought you was going to say you dropped it in Absinth....lol

Sure looks like you got a good deal on the new camera though. Look forward to seeing more beautiful pics of your brood...lol

Best wishes,

Back