CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Music

Old 01-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #11
Zincubus
Album of last year ??

Kacey Musgraves

[

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 01-15-2019, 01:03 PM   #12
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Album of last year ??

Kacey Musgraves
Thanks, but didn't do anything for me.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #13
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Thanks, but didn't do anything for me.

This track needs minimum of two listens ...

Do it !!

Old 01-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #14
Zincubus
Oh and play loud !

Old 01-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #15
Dragonling
Didn't do much for me either. Then again, I don't know if anyone here would have taste in music similar to mine. My playlists on Spotify are either a blend of house, trance and other EDM styles, or post-hardcore and modern rock.

I looked up The Rippingtons on Youtube and yep, exactly what I expected. I think Blackmill is the absolute closest thing to that I listen to, though synth is still obviously VERY different from that smooth sax. What can I say, I like a little wub wub now and then.

I played their entire discography in the background at my bf's folks at Christmas while we played board games, and they seemed to enjoy it. Still probably not up your alley, but maybe you won't hate this:

Old 01-15-2019, 06:40 PM   #16
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Didn't do much for me either. Then again, I don't know if anyone here would have taste in music similar to mine. My playlists on Spotify are either a blend of house, trance and other EDM styles, or post-hardcore and modern rock.

I looked up The Rippingtons on Youtube and yep, exactly what I expected. I think Blackmill is the absolute closest thing to that I listen to, though synth is still obviously VERY different from that smooth sax. What can I say, I like a little wub wub now and then.

I played their entire discography in the background at my bf's folks at Christmas while we played board games, and they seemed to enjoy it. Still probably not up your alley, but maybe you won't hate this:
Well, that isn't bad at all. I will have to listen to more selections to see how broad their compositional skills are for variety. Thanks for the lead.

I've been fussing around with my home theater system lately. Found that I have a blown driver surround on my left rear surround speaker cabinet. Which shouldn't be much of a surprise since I bought those ESS AMT 1Ds I am using for the back speakers used a LONG time ago. So instead of trying my hand at reconing them myself, I just went ahead and ordered new drivers and the passive radiators for both cabinets. I've also got AMT 1Ds for the side surrounds and the Oskar Heil Kithara cabinets for the two fronts. All are based on the Heil Air Motion transformers. Haven't really found a center speaker using the AMT so I had to settle for an array I kluged up out of 4 speakers that seems to work well in the mix. And the four subwoofers, 2 front and 2 rear, rounds it out on the bottom end.

I bought a Denon receiver not too long ago, that is Dolby Atmos capable, so I am getting some small up firing speakers so I can tie that in too. The Denon sounds to my ears like a substantial improvement to the Onkyo I've had for a number of years. Seems like all the new 4K movies coming out are Dolby Atmos capable, and the reviews I have been reading lead me to suspect that this is a sonic avenue well worth pursuing. But not to the extent I am going to be mounting speakers in the ceiling or hanging from the walls of the family room. Having all the speakers I already have in that room is really pushing my luck with Connie as it is.

Wound up running out of speaker wire so I had to order more for those Atmos speakers. Luckily I can run the wire under the baseboards to keep them out of sight. I had to actually crawl underneath the house to run wire to the side right surround after having the wire running across the family room floor for years. Literally. Tripped and almost broke my neck on the darn thing several times before I got smart and ran it the correct way.

Anyway, I'm in the mode of constantly playing with the settings and recalibrations. The music I am using is the latest Rippington's CD called Built To Last. So I've been playing it over and over again, and it seems to be really growing on me the more I listen to it. Either that or my recalibrations are working better than I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD48...7Fb4UOgCnLP9D1 This is the full list of all selections on the album, I believe.

I never thought I really liked jazz music, but I guess I would have to call this something like "Jazz Rock" or something. Or perhaps more like "Jazz Pop Rock", since it's really not hard core rock music.

I also tend to like House and Trance music, but mostly for the catchy chord progressions being used. I'll be honest, though, the constant monotonous thumping base drum will get on my nerves from constant exposure pretty quickly.

But I guess it is like anything else. I just have to be in the mood for one thing or another to appreciate it fully. Sometimes nothing I play feels like what I really want to be listening to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google