CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

HELP How long to swollow?

Old 06-01-2004, 09:42 PM   #1
Bug22baby
HELP How long to swollow?

Well I posted earlier that my new babys wouldnt eat well one ended up eating after try two and now Im worried. like I said before these are my first corn babies, I fed them the small pinkies like newborn well its the smallest mouse they supposably have and I dont know but its been alll day and it has moved past its head? This doesnt seem normal what should I do???

Old 06-01-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Jenn
you mean the snake hasn't completley swallowed it yet? how long has it been trying to?

Old 06-01-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
Bug22baby
Its got the whole thing in its mouth since about 3pm today and its moved very little the snake still alive cause hes moveing around his aquarium but soemthing is not right seeming... Know anything please help??

Old 06-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #4
Rachel
One of my snakes does that, it's like she's trying to make sure the mouse is good and dead before she swallows...as in she is suffocating the (already dead) mouse. It could be that, or it could be because you are in the room looking over it and stressing it out. <--not sure if you are in the room so that's just another senario If you are continually checking on it, just leave it be for a couple of hours (no peeking!) and it should swallow the pinkie down. If it's still like this after a couple of hours then there *might* be a problem so call the vet. Hope it all turns out ok.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #5
Bug22baby
Well I woke up dismorning and went to check and make sure she/he was still alive and it had spit it out sometime within the night. I didnt watch the snake I left it in the feeding container which is a small box and I had set the smll box with the snake still in it inside its aquarium and it was still the same way when I went to bed except I opened the box and let it come out. It seems fine today just looks awful because its shedding and really scrawny looking, its partner was hatced at the same time yet is twice its size. Im gonna wait 10 days and try again but gonna try cutting the pinkie in half and feeding it the head first. Maybe it was just too large for the little baby snake. I guess all I can do now is wait and hope for the best. And maybe next week I can get them both to eat. Thanks Much Amanda

Old 06-02-2004, 06:58 PM   #6
MegF.
If your snake's in shed, that could explain why it wouldn't eat. It really doesn't sound like a regurge since it never even swallowed the mouse. I would wait until it's shed, and then try feeding it. You might find it's a lot more interested in food then.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:42 PM   #7
Bug22baby
Well the lil guy made me nervous yesturday with that thing in its mouth for like 9 hours or more. So strange hes roaming around again and there is fresh water so Im gonna wait till atleast next tuesday a week after. Any how I fed them small pinkies and there about 4 weeks old now, only the one even attempted to eat while the other didnt even try. Do you think they may be too large for the lil guys, and should I cut the pinkies in to halves or should I try again with the same size pinkie? These are my first snakes ever and I appreciate all the responses its a big help. Thanks much Amanda

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google