CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Newly acquired female passing small hard infertile eggs.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #11
Nanci
My females that are ovulating, with egg bumps that you can feel, refuse feeds. Sometimes I will find an infertile clutch and think- oh, that's why you didn't eat. I've never had a problem, YET, with eggs that fused. I know (anecdotally, from other people's snakes) there is a danger of this happening, the longer eggs remain unlaid.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #12
DuxorW
Ok. My game plan is to leave her alone a week and try feeding again, and go from there. Thanks everyone!

Old 06-12-2015, 12:27 AM   #13
DuxorW
She has ignored her lay box until today but finally took up residence in it, so maybe she's ready to squeeze out the rest.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
DuxorW
She has started to lay, I checked in on her and found 9, so am gonna leave her alone. Worked myself up over nothing!

Old 06-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #15
MysticExotics
It's easy to worry! Glad she's doing ok!

Old 06-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #16
DuxorW
Yeah, what had me worried is that to me she is on the skinny side. Plus I just bought her! But she seems to be having no problem laying. 13 so far. I can't believe I couldn't feel them as she now has visible lumps. They actually looked fertile and there was a small possibility as she had been with a male redcoat lava for a few hours when her previous owner was moving. But candling showed they were infertile.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #17
Shiari
Don't discount 'em yet. Sometimes mine take a day or two to show those veins.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #18
DuxorW
I kept the nice-looking ones so we'll see!

Old 06-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #19
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
I kept the nice-looking ones so we'll see!
That would be cool if you did get some babies!

Old 06-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #20
DuxorW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
That would be cool if you did get some babies!
Especially since they would all be homozygous redcoat lava okeetees! She wound up laying 15 eggs and 10 look good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google