CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Thank You For Having Me!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
Toboman
Talking Thank You For Having Me!

Pleasure to meet everyone here! I'm new to the corn snake game; never even thought of owning one until I went to a friends 4th of July barbecue and he introduced me to his 2 year old amel "Rosie" and his 6 month snow "Pinkie". They were such relaxed pets, easy to handle and didn't try to dart away every moment. He told me what he did to take care of them and I thought "That's it? I can do that!".

When I was younger, I had tried tons of pets, but none worked out (mainly because I was irresponsible and got bored). Now I'm older and more responsible (I can almost take care of myself even ), and a corn snake seemed like the perfect addition to my life.

Two days after that barbeque I still had snakes on the mind, so I headed down to my local pet store (like two blocks away) and found that the owner's son's pair had just hatched 18 little ones on July 4th! It was serendipitous! I came back almost every day until they released them (July 25th) and brought my new baby home! He's an anery which I name Baron Venom VonChimichanga, but I usually just call him Baron.

I've trolled your boards since day one of my snake infatuation, but I finally decided to join now that i'm settled on snakes being a part of my life from this point on. Once again, THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME!!!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #2
Tavia
Hello and welcome!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
Hearts-a-Glow
Welcome! I'm not new to corns, but I have a new baby too named Alaula. You should post some pictures for us!

Old 09-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
rainbow_bright83
I love the name!

Old 09-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
Welcome to the forum! I love corn snakes and I think they make awesome pets. I'm sure you'll soon find that one isn't enough for you!

Old 09-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #6
Aurora314
Welcome! Glad to have you among us.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #7
Toboman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Welcome to the forum! I love corn snakes and I think they make awesome pets. I'm sure you'll soon find that one isn't enough for you!
It's only been two months and I already do! I promised myself I'd at least wait till Baron gets a viv upgrade so the newbie can have the hand-me-downs.

To everyone else, Thanks for the warm welcome!

Old 09-02-2014, 12:13 AM   #8
Toboman
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_bright83 View Post
I love the name!
I couldn't decide so I mixed the top three together

Old 09-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #9
Toboman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts-a-Glow View Post
Welcome! I'm not new to corns, but I have a new baby too named Alaula. You should post some pictures for us!
I'm am getting a new phone (broke; lost all data ), so as soon as that comes in I'll take some new picks. Right now wouldn't be good for Baron anyway, since he's lookin kinda blue (shed type; not sad type).

Old 09-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #10
BLeach711
Welcome and congrats on the baby! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
introduction, new owner