CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Moving On To Double Pinkies

Old 11-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #1
inu009
Moving On To Double Pinkies

Hello all, so I got my snake in on September 13th, she will be 5 months old November 12th. She has been eating very well for me, on pinky mice of course. I’ve be been feeding every 5 days (except for one feeding I miscounted and it was 4 days between feedings) with no problem. She is 19.63 grams currently. I’m wondering if it’s time to start feeding her two pinky mice and moving to 7 days per feeding. She always hides after feeding so I have no idea how long the meal is leaving a bump, by the time it’s safe to handle (24 hours), the bump is completely gone.

Feeding day would be today, but she is about to shed, so I was thinking I would wait until she sheds and try two pinky mice. I also don’t want to rush it and cause a regurgitation.

I’ve attached a photo as a reference.

Old 11-01-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
Shiari
I usually bump mine to double pinks at 15 grams, so yeah. Definitely can do that. I then start mine on fuzzies at 30 grams

Old 11-01-2019, 10:15 PM   #3
MysticExotics
I usually start on 2 pinks at 16-17 grams, so yours is definitely ready!

I would wait until after they shed.

Old 11-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #4
inu009
Thanks guys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google