CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

☼ How The Crap Did This Happen???? ☼

Old 07-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
sinisterserpents1
☼ How The Crap Did This Happen???? ☼

Ok I need some help here guys! I have a huge normal female. She was one of the first corns we ever got. We've bred her 3 times since we've had her. First time was with an amel. Got all normal babies het amel of course. Second time we bred her with a king and made jungle corns. This last time we bred her with my hypo lav. to make normals het hypo lav BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT IS COMING OUT OF THESE EGGS!!!!!!!

Only 3 babies are out so far. These are the pics of them.
This is the first normal.
Attachment 130351
He/She has a very grey head
Attachment 130352
Then this one came out!!
Attachment 130353
What in the world is at work here?
Attachment 130354
Here is a belly shot
Attachment 130355

More to come so please wait. Thanks!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
sinisterserpents1
This is the second normal out
Attachment 130356
Again with a grey head
Attachment 130357
This is the belly shot of the normal
Attachment 130358
Here they all are together! What do you guys think???
Attachment 130359

There are a total of 19 eggs. We have 4 more pipping so far. One is def another light corn, 2 are def normals, and the 4th one may be another light one. Can't tell just yet.

I'm just bumfuzzled!!!! How'd this happen??

Thanks in advance to any and all answers or suggestions!!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Shiari
Looks like she's het for hypo.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
Memphios
Looks like your female is het hypo?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
sinisterserpents1
Well I thought that, but these just don't look like hypos. I know this isn't possible, but to maybe give you an idea of what they resemble is ultramels. We have some ultramels hatching this very second and if you put these two side by side you can't tell the difference, except for the eyes are a little different.

But hypo is the only thing that made sense to me. Just don't look like hypos to me. Not that I'm an expert.

Thanks guys!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
MysticExotics
The lighter ones look like my Hypo baby. Are there a couple pics of Anery babies too?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Shiari
Hypos vary greatly. Some look almost like normals, and some look like your critters. My Nautley is a hypo, but he looks more "normal" unless you see his belly or stare very closely as his borders.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
sinisterserpents1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
The lighter ones look like my Hypo baby. Are there a couple pics of Anery babies too?
No no anery babies, just normals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Hypos vary greatly. Some look almost like normals, and some look like your critters. My Nautley is a hypo, but he looks more "normal" unless you see his belly or stare very closely as his borders.
So this probably solves it. Yay!! Isn't it fun to prove out a hidden gene! lol Thanks again guys!

CASE SOLVED!

Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
bekers71
Yep, it appears as though your girl is het hypo.

If you think the babies look a little off for hypo, take into consideration they are het lav too. Lav genes, even in het form, can some times make a morph a little lighter or colorful.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
kathylove
Sounds like they haven't had time to shed yet...

You will surprised how different they will look after their shed. I have had a few babies that really threw me for a loop. But once they shed, they didn't look quite as "weird" as I thought they were. Your hypos will probably look more like regular hypos - post photos again if they don't.

Hope you get lots of hypos - so pretty!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google